Thursday, November 30, 2017

simon says joy to the world

"We interrupt our regularly scheduled programming"... again.

A teensy break from Christmas card sets today, though there's one more coming...

Have to share three cards I made with the delightful Joy to the World set from Simon Says Stamp special Cyber Week release. You can check out Kelly's Michaelangelo version here. I had to keep it a bit more CAS, ya know?

So without further ado, here's the first. The stamp set reminded me of those Precious Moments statues that were around when I was younger. Very pastel. Remember? So I tried to capture that feeling with some gold embossing and pastel watercoloring.


Next I concentrated on Jesus in the manger. And what better way to concentrate than to spotlight? So after some masking and stamping, I colored the die cut circle with Copics and gave the sky a good coat of Wink of Stella for sparkle. Popped it back into the B/W scene and voila!



Now for a bonus card! To tell you the truth, the first stamp from the set which caught my eye... ready for it... was the little sheep! So I channeled my inner Ksenija and this happened. Well, and thanks to Altenew Bold Alphabet die too. The heart is SSS Large Holiday Shapes.


I'm taking these cards to:
SSS flickr challenge - #85
SSS Wednesday challenge - Anything Goes
AAA Cards - Christmas

CU tomorrow with the last of my neighbor gifts. I heard that sigh of relief ;)


8 comments:

Jane said...

What a beautiful little nativity scene. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards.

cm said...

These are absolutely wonderful, Maria (as all your cards are)! Your Nativity scenes are adorable; the love Ewe, simply charming! I'm amazed at how quickly your orders/products reach you! I typically wait 2-4 weeks, minimum! WOW!
Hugs~c

Greta said...

You're always so creative, Maria! I certainly do remember Precious Moments & your first card is my favorite--so sweet & beautiful!

Melissa L. said...

Awww, so sweet, Maria. Great CAS design too. Thanks for playing along with another great card at AAA Cards.

Martha said...

Maria, what darling cards you've created.
The first one melts my heart.
It's simply PERFECT for Christmas!

debby4000 said...

Amazing cards, love them all, great job using the Joy to the World stamps.
Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
luv
Debby

Anita in France said...

Such a sweet trio, Maria ... a fabulous showcase with that new set! Hugs, Anita :)

Cheryl said...

Beautiful cards! I remember having a Precious Moments figurine and see the resemblance :) Thanks for playing at AAA Cards.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...