Friday, November 3, 2017

are you a fan of organic circles?

Well I certainly am. I love me some good polka dots, but get those circles a bit imperfect and a whole nother world opens up. IMO.

Take these snowmen stamps, for example. The newest in a lineup of layering stamps from The Bees Knees over at STAMPlorations. I have been having so much fun - and not of the snowman sort - with the circle shapes.

Meet card #1.


Somewhere, sometime I saw a B/W poster of Twiggy with rainbow polka dots in the BG. So I chose some Adirondack "natural" ink colors and stamped the dots after I'd stamped the sentiment and image from One Cool Chick.

Taking #1 to:
Rubber Dance - November (got a chick instead of a bird here ;)

Sparkles Forum - Autumn Colors

Decided the cool chick was going to go to a 14-year-old. Then I decided to make a card for her younger brother.

Meet card #2.


Now I must admit I had no plan when making this one. I stamped the outlines, deciding to do the top two rows in the opposite direction of the bottom two to stir things up a bit. Well, when I was done I felt eight pairs of eyes looking at me!

So then I decided to be tricky with my sentiment. It's layered. Get my drift? Do you know what I made the card say? Try reading from the bottom to the top (layer, that is!)

Used the You word and Essentials by Ellen Folk Hearts dies too.

Taking this card over to:
613 Avenue Create - Anything goes with optional masculine twist
The Color Sisters - #48

7 comments:

SD pooja said...

You really have an eye for uniqueness !! Who would imagine such clever n modern use of snowman stamp??needless to say I loved both of them to core ;)

Ruth said...

Love it! Such a clever way to get even more out of your stamp sets. Especially love ''Eye love you" - nicely done! Xx

Ink Art Designs said...

She sure is one cool girl! I love the bright polka dots too.
Thank you for joining us at Rubber Dance.
Dot x

Rubber Dance said...

Wonderful cards!!! Super cook background idea! Thank you for joining the Rubber Dance Challenge this month! xx Susanne.

Anita in France said...

Funky, cool and so clever, Maria ... both of them ... I especially love the eyes! Hugs, Anita :)

Craftychris said...

These are so cool and so clever! xxx

Barb Ghig said...

Really fun cards...you are so clever, Maria! Thanks for making me smile today :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...