Saturday, November 25, 2017

guest designing at inspired by all the little things


Very happy to be joining Tracey M (of 25 Tags of Christmas fame) and the great team over at Inspired by all the Little Things this week. How do you like this inspiration photo?


When I saw that fabulous wooden star I couldn't not go with the wood plank idea to make my own star. And then of course, gold heat emboss a sentiment onto it to recreate those gaps where the planks come together! And well, why not put a loop of twine behind it?  Geez, I really had good intentions to come up with something original! The only thing I actually changed up a bit were my pine branches.

Hero Arts Pine Bough, Sizzix Star, MFT Hand Lettered Holiday

Created a spray of branches with my favorite wooden stamp and added some snow with strokes of a white gel pen.


Hard to see, but I actually stamped a wood pattern (Winnie and Walter Into the Woods) onto the black CS after I'd scored it but you barely see it. You see that some stray embossing powder stuck to some of the still-damp Versamark woodgrain when I embossed the sentiment. Rather than brushing it off before heating, I decided to leave it so that it would accentuate a bit of the woodgrain pattern.

Hope you'll play along. I'd love to see how the photo inspires you. I'll stop by next week. We are celebrating Thanksgiving this Sunday since it's not a German holiday, so I'm busy in the kitchen right now! Hope you had a lovely Thanksgiving if you celebrated. And thanks for having me, Tracey!


19 comments:

~amy~ said...

Yay! Loved reading about you and your project is simply perfect!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

What a great idea....

cm said...

I love your 'literal' translation, Maria; your star is gorgeous surrounded by the pretty pine needles and sprinkled with whispers of gold! Hope your dinner tomorrow is fabulous! I've seen the pie photo...yum!
Hugs~c

Susanne Vargas said...

Congrats on your GD spot! I always get excited when I have everything to make a replica of the inspiration photo that I forget to think outside the box. You think outside the box plenty of time so don't you worry! Love your wooden star and those pine branches with the shimmery accents!
Enjoy your feast!

shirley-bee said...

Fabulous version - sometimes the inspiration is so good it doesn't need tinkering with. I'd have done something along the same lines! Love the accidental gold grunge on the star. Congrats on the GD spot, and on your humungous production run of cards and tags - I can't keep up with you!! Enjoy your Thanksgiving celebration :)

Cathy said...

Gorgeous card, perfect take on the inspiration pic, Cathy x

paperkicks said...

Lovely card, Cathy! Awesome touch of texture with the woodgrain and embossing. Looks realistic!

Vicki Finger said...

I love the simplicity and elegance of your clean and simple card.

Leigh Penner said...

Congratulations on being featured at Inspired By All the Little Things this week, Maria! I love your wonderful take on the inspiration photo!

Anita in France said...

congratulations on your FD spot at Inspired By, Maria ... what a fun interview! Such a fabulous card ... your interpretation of the inspiration photo has that extra Maria-ness ... I especially love the gold 'weathering' on the star! Hugs, Anita :)

Wanda Cullen said...

Maria, this is an absolutely "WOW" take on the photo! It's such a great CAS design! So glad you were our featured designer this week!

Stampingcountry said...

What a gorgeous inspirational photo and your Clean and Simple Card Design is beautiful too!

Tracey McNeely said...

Maria you nailed the inspiration photo so perfectly! When I invited you I knew this was a good inspiration for you--very mixed media and very CAS. So glad you took the extra photo outside so we could get a good look at all the texture! Thank you for being my guest, especially when you had such a busy week prepping for your Thanksgiving!

Loll said...

Love how you've recreated the inspiration photo and put your own spin on it, Maria. Fantastic card. Congrats on being Guest Designer! xx

Sheri Gilson said...

Beautiful take on the inspiration, Maria! Thank you so much for joining us this week as a guest designer! <3

Rosemary said...

absolutely amazing!!

Marcie Sharp said...

This is stunning! I love those stray flakes of embossing powder that clung to the woodgrain- such a pretty accident! Thanks for joining us this week at Inspired By.

LauraJane:) said...

LOVE the touches of GOLD on the star:)))

Darnell said...

I think you definitely made the photo inspiration your own with this delectable card, Maria! I love that embossing and streaky gold! I meant to come over earlier this week, but I had crap to do between having the boys the week before Thanksgiving, Thanksgiving, and then having them again this weekend. Oh, and then there was the small matter of four days of migraines. Let me get you a tissue. Have you forgiven me yet?! What I wanted to say was I really felt very special by your lovely shoutout during your IB interview! Thank you, my friend. You are the best!! Have a great weekend!! Hugs, Darnell

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...