Thursday, February 22, 2018

winnie and walter 4th birthday - scraps for easter cards

Hope I'm not boring you, but I'm back with more cards for Winnie and Walter's 4th birthday bash.


Guess which challenge? You got it - Mt Scraps is under attack again. Thanks to Kelly's challenge - Use Your Scraps I've been a busy beaver! Just to remind you... this is  was my Mt Scraps!


This first card utilizes a leftover from gelli printing (a homemade stencil). You can see the print on  this card. Those colors were just too scrummy to throw the leftovers away (that's how my brain works, anyway). So I adhered it to a 5x5 cardbase. Those three B/W eggs were scraps too - from this card - so they had to fill three of the negative spaces. The others got some stamping and the sentiment banner was a scrap too so I tacked it on too ;)


So also under Mt Scraps were a whole bunch of die cuts that I'd dip-dyed with leftover Easter egg dye. I grabbed the eggs and gave them a home. This, BTW, is what our dip-dyed real Easter eggs usually look kinda like!


Added some fabby spots to my cardbase before adhering the eggs. Then I stapled on a scrap "hello" negative and stamped the Happy Easter sentiment through the negative space.

If you haven't played along yet, wouldn't today be a great day to tackle your scrap pile?!? I'm joining the fun at:
Winnie and Walter - Use Dies
Happy Little Stampers - AG with Dies

4 comments:

SD pooja said...

Boring not at all..am always looking forward to your posts!I must say your scraps are cool as your cards , and you make them look even cool on your cards !I loved both of them :)

KT Fit Kitty said...

Such a cool idea! Awesome cards!

Anita in France said...

Boring us, Maria?? Hahahahaha ... as if! Cool, clever and delicious use of Mt Scrap ephemera ... they're both brilliant! Hugs, Anita :)

Amy Seigler said...

Even only my scraps were as pretty as yours!! Great designs for your cards. Love the Easter eggs that you made from your easter egg dyes. Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers Anything Goes with Dies!
www.thebluemoonstitch.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...