Monday, February 19, 2018

charmed watercolor wonder

I just got the Altenew Charmed stamp set and when I looked at it, the blooms reminded me of the Watercolor Wonders stamp set, so I decided to try something...

Now it's been a while since I've played at the monthly Altenew challenge . I'm always drooling over all the gorgeous floral images and what people do with them, but can't pull that amazing coloring off myself so I tend to stay away. But I checked out this month's colors and then created a card.


I stamped the Watercolor Wonders blooms using Altenew inks, using the lightest three tones. I masked them and then stamped Charmed with black ink. Added a bit of greenery. The sentiment is from the set, the triangle border is Winnie and Walter Scenery Stripes 2.

Then I cursed myself for not making more while I was using my MISTI. So I decided to try the same design (needed a card for DD who began her studies today) but with the darkest three red tones. And sentiments from Label Love German.



Me likey. Have a preference? Thanks for visiting.

I'm playing at:
Altenew - Feb Inspiration challenge
Stamping Sensations - Flowers
Addicted to Stamps and More - CAS




13 comments:

Shelly said...

Oh, these are both beautiful! LOVE what you did!
And I'm with you, I love to enter their challenges but do drool over all the inspiration, as well.
I think you have a winner here. ;)

brenda said...

A very pretty floral creation and striking design as well for our 'Flowers' theme at Stamping Sensations challenge, many thanks for joining in.

B x

Anita in France said...

Love how your mind works, Maria ... so clever to combine these two lovely sets ... the results are just beautiful! Preference? All three ... they're so yummy! Hugs, Anita :)

SD pooja said...

Wow..how beautifully you have combined both stamps to create a modern looking design !I loved both of them :)

Sally H said...

A beautiful floral creation! Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations this month and Good Luck!

~amy~ said...

These are absolutely BEAUTIFUL.

pinky said...

Very pretty card! Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations.
Pinky

Monika Reeck said...

Maria
love that triangle border
and the flower is so unique
great idea to masked your main flower
Love that outline black flower too
great feminin card
Many thanks for joining us at ATSM this time
sorry for the late comment :)
hugs
Monika

Desperatehousewifecraft said...

Me likey too...all three of them, they are really clean and gorgeous cards! Thanks for joining us at Addicted to Stamps and More and we hope to see more of your beautiful creations soon! Hugs Gwendolyn from Ulm who hates Housework too. ;)

Anonymous said...

What an attractive card! That flower is just dazzling! Thank you for joining the Altenew Inspiration Challenge this month!

My Paper Epiphany said...

Winner!!! Congrats and so well deserved! I love all your 'abstract-y' creations:)

Kari D said...

Woo hoo! Congratulations, Maria! So deserved. THIS card pushed me over the edge. I HAD to have Charmed and Watercolor Wonders after seeing your card! SWOON!

wienerhoneymooners said...

Congrats.. I love your message to me!!!! Well deserved, both cards swoon worthy my friend!!!!!! Have the best day!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...