Wednesday, February 21, 2018

ellen hutson pinsights challenge


Recognize which challenge I'm playing with?
This is the inspiration for the Pinsights Challenge over at the Ellen Hutson Classroom.


In the process of finally cleaning up Mt Scraps which had accumulated on my desk, I came across this succulent grouping which I'd heat embossed pink on vellum. Those succulents had caught my attention in the graphic, so I flipped the vellum over and hit it with some Distress Inks using a finger dauber.

Studio Calico PP
vellum
Evergreen Bough, Victorian Velvet, Shaded Lilac and Dusty Concord DI

Fussy cut a piece of white paper to back the vellum with so the colors showed better and then die cut the sentiment and inked it with the ink leftover on the daubers. A piece of PP for the card front and voila!

And then, cuz I have an on-going love affair with macarons but have yet to see any as beautiful as those in the graphic, I had to have a go at my take on that marble/swirl goodness. Gave it a go for my BG to accompany more die cuts from Mt Scraps. Which BTW you can see in this post.

watercolors
Nuvo drops 

These navy/white blooms were also under Mt Scraps so I just added a little DI color to parts of them and adhered them to a cardbase I'd swiped some watercolor across. In the next shot you can catch the sparkle from the Perfect Pearl mist I hit it with too. BTW, the inside reads "for a happy birthday."


I'm also hooking the second card up at:
Winnie and Walter - Scraps Challenge 
Challenge up your Life - Frühlingsboten
Happy Little Stampers Watercolor - Anything Goes

4 comments:

SD pooja said...

Loved the vellum succulents, they look delicate and cool bg on second one !

Anita in France said...

Dreamy and delicious, Maria ... both of them ... I love how your Mt Scraps is giving up all this beauty! Hugs, Anita :)

BożenA said...

Fantastic design! I also collect all the unused items, they will be perfect one day :-)) just like your succulents
Thank you for joining the Happy Little Stampers challenge, Watercolor.
Regards,
BożenA DT HLS

Tanja said...

love those pastels - thanks for joining our February Happy Little Stampers Watercolour Challenge

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...