Tuesday, February 20, 2018

paper pieced peony

So this is one of those creations that had me LOL. Like, where the heck did that come from?

yellow embossing powder
embossing paste
Nuvo drops

This shot was in full sunlight so you can see the neon pink and that incredible sparkle


I actually made a card with this design ages ago and then again here and decided to update it a bit cuz I really wanted to participate in The Flower Challenge! And try out my new Tonic Glitter Paste (Moonstone). I heat embossed the peony onto a leftover from a marbling with acrylic paint session and fussy cut it. I'm calling that paper piecing ;)

The Flower Challenge - Paper Piecing
Time Out - Hobbies (I have four peony plants in my garden. Expect to see the little shoots coming up anytime soon ;)

6 comments:

papierelle said...

Farblich passt Deine Karte hervorragend zu unserem aktuellen Wetter, schon seit Tagen scheint die Sonne und es geht weiter so. Strahlend schön Deine Karte!!

SD pooja said...

Stunner !!The neon pink peony just pops on the sparkling bg :)

Anita in France said...

Wow, Maria ... glitzy and glamourous ... a fabulous riot of vibrant colour! Delighted to have you playing along with us at Time Out! Hugs, Anita :)

sandie said...

Well I think it is just amazing, the glitter shines through and the colours just jump out at you. I am so pleased you shared with us at Time Out

Viv said...

This is so lovely Maria, such a delicate flower and love the pretty shades of yellow and pink too.Yes it is paper piecing too! Love your glittery textured background also.Thank you for sharing with us over at 'The Flower Challenge' ;) Viv DT xx

Nonni said...

Hmmm I'm a bit envious about you having 4 peonies in your garden! :) Great card, I love the fun combo of pink and yellow and all the detail in this looks fabulous! Thanks for joining us at TIME OUT!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...