Tuesday, February 13, 2018

STAMPlorations inspiration #163

It's time for a Tuesday inspiration from the STAMPlorations inspiration team where the team members feature stamps from one of our talented stamp designers.

Today we're using Becca' Big Grins stamps. All non-retiring products in the store are 10% off automatically from now through April (with an extra 20% off when you use my discount code STAMPGIRLMARIA).

Maybe you caught my January inspiration projects featuring the trend of "Urban Tribe" - geometric with cool colors. Well this month I'm creating my inspiration post projects using this image from my Pinterest inspiration board and a trend that totally speaks to me - "Flat Abstract".

image source: Patternbank
Distress Inks

See how I was inspired? That image top right? I chose similar colors and did some inking.

Nothing tricky here. I used the butterfly die to cut a mask. Used the negative piece, masked off a rectangular area on Neenah CS and using a cheap makeup brush I applied Distress Ink through the negative space. Then I removed the negative, put the positive over the inked butterfly area and applied more ink with the brush. This yielded the color block with the lighter butterfly shape, like the inspiration photo.

To add a bit more interest I stamped butterfly and buttercup images and then the sentiment in black.

If you're looking for more inspiration ... I had more fun with the buttercup on this card.

You could win yourself a $10 GC to the store by leaving a comment on the February inspiration posts. Check out today's post here. So happy you stopped by :)

3 comments:

SD pooja said...

Cool technique with the butterfly ! Your card looks unique :)

Dee Earnshaw said...

very interesting looking card - love the layout:)

Cathy said...

Great card with this technique, Cathy x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...