Sunday, April 24, 2016

pinterest inspired

The ladies over at Pinterest Inspired challenge always get my attention with their inspiration photos. Here is April's.


I was playing with white acrylic paint and had some left over, so I grabbed a square piece of foam and stamped it randomly onto a piece of watercolor CS. I had the watercolor style of the inspiration photo in mind.

Then with Winnie and Walter Eva's Flowers I created an artsy floral background by inking the solid stamps with two colors of Distress Inks (Worn Lipstick, Festive Berries, Spiced Marmelade, Mustard Seed) and spritzing them before stamping. I added a couple of the outline images in black for contrast and spritzed the entire panel with a Perfect Pearls mixture to soften all the edges when I was done. Oh and I watercolored the BG with Tumbled Glass too.


Here's the finished product. A sentiment from STAMPlorations Artful Flutters and some Amy Tangerine PP. I'm sharing this card at The Artistic Stamper where it's about All Things Distress (which I hope includes Distress Inks too!) and The Craft Stamper where it's about Flowers in April. And I'm hooking up at the w&w Join In to Win too.


Hope you likey! And hope your week will be a good one.

14 comments:

SonjaK said...

Beauuutiful take on the inspiration photo! This is such a typical "Rieslingmama" card. I love how you've translated the image to your own style.

~amy~ said...

Yup, I love this!

Melissa L. said...

Oooo, love this!

Tenia Nelson said...

LURVE!!!!

Kim Heggins said...

Just beautiful!

Suchi said...

Oh love this! :)
Suchi xx

Ruth said...

Oh I love this! The acrylic paint mutes the colours beautifully. Xx

SD pooja said...

Loved the mixed media card looks very artsy !!

SD pooja said...

Loved the mixed media card looks very artsy !!

Happy Dance said...

Gorgeous. Yep. I like this card very, very much, Maria. The colors and textures are so captivating, and they've drawn my eyes right in. The b&w grid/polkies are the perfect foil for this. Hey wait! This isn't a card! This is purely beautiful art! Love it! Bev

Anita in France said...

Yep, me likey, Maria ... it's subtle and texture-y ... with a touch of retro added for good measure ... fabulous! Hugs, Anita :)

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is so cool! Fabulous take on the inspiration piece!

Chriss Blagrave said...

Fabulous in every way! Love ❤️

shirley-bee said...

Gorgeous! I love the subtle texture that the paint blocks give, and the contrast of the soft floral background against the black outlines and b/w pp. Thanks for playing along at Craft Stamper Take It Make It :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...