Saturday, April 23, 2016

*fist pump*


Squealing with delight I am, to be guest designing for the Essentials by Ellen Pin-Sights Challenge!

It's an challenge based on a gorgeous Pinterest Inspired mood board you'll find on the CLASSroom blog. A random challenge participant who has used Essentials by Ellen products and the mood board will win a $50 gift certificate to the Ellen Hutson store.


Here is this month's delicately gorgeous inspiration.


I was enamored with the softness of that bouquet in the top right corner and this is what I did using flowers and the white, yellow, pink and lilac colorblocked arrangement of the flowers.


I used Wild Garden dies, cut them from Neenah white CS and lightly applied Squeezed Lemon, Worn Lipstick and Dusty Concord Distress Inks to portions of them. I adhered them to my card and added a stacked sentiment from the Many Thanks die on a piece of vellum. I masked and lightly colored the bottom half of the sentiment with Peacock Feathers in a nod to the blue of the color combo.


My second creation is ultra CAS. I stamped the images from Up the Happy with Versafine and one cloud I heat embossed white. Then I watercolored that cloud "rainbowed" with Squeezed Lemonade, Spun Sugar, Worn Lipstick and Peacock Feathers Distress Inks. Love how the pink and blue create a tiny touch of purple too!


I'm in love with this card if I do say so myself ;) Kinda makes me wanna *fist pump* Thanks for stopping by today. Hope to see you over at the CLASSroom in the Pin-Sights gallery.


23 comments:

Rahmat said...

Maria, I have to tell you that first card just stole my heart, it is so soft, and pretty, plus oozing out elegance.

Joan B said...

these are both terrific but the second card blew me away!!

Ruth said...

Way to go you! Both cards are gorgeous, but your super CAS card - wow, just wow! No wonder you're guest designing! Xx

Marybeth said...

Here is a fist pump to you! Congratulations .......and this card is simply stunning! Love the second one too!

Karen B. said...

Gorgeous creations! Congrats on the guest spot!

Mac Mable said...

Congratulations on the guest slot..Such delicate and pretty colours with beautiful muted colours x

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Stunning work! I'm not surprised by the honor of the guest spot - your work is so creative!

Lee-Anne said...

Congrats, Maria! No surprise here...you are so talented! Love the cards!

Kara Lynne said...

Congrats on your honor, you deserve it! Beautiful cards, I especially love the single rainbow hued cloud.

Loll said...

Congrats on being Guest Designer! LOVE what you have created ... such beautiful and soft colours with your garden card. The vellum sentiment banner and stacked steniment is just perfect. Gorgeous card Maria!

And I LOVE the sweet CAS card with the rainbow-coloured cloud ... awesome! xx

Diane Jaquay said...

Congrats, Maria! Your floral card ROCKS, so gorgeous in those soft colors!! Love the cloud card too, very sweet!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Congrats on your GDT stint! Love that rainbow cloud, but your floral card is seriously awesome!!!! LOVE that graduated shading of those wonderful flowers!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

ooops, wanted to tell you that your first tow pictures are not showing on your blog :(

maria f. said...

Thanks for the info, Cornelia. Where are you viewing my blog? On my PC the images are all there?!?!? If anyone is having a similar problem please let me know!

Lisa said...

All of these are oh-so beautiful!

Lisa Favre
marblecrumbs.com

~amy~ said...

Wahoooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!
Congrats!
LOVE your gorgeous cards!

Darnell said...

You go right ahead and fist pump, baby, because you rocked the pinboard. I especially love the first one!! Congratulations on the Guest Design honor!! Enjoy your day!! Hugs, Darnell

Anita in France said...

Many congratulations, Maria! These are both stunners ... love the imagery and open dreaminess of the clouds ... and I adore the soft, gentle hues of those gorgeous blooms ... beautiful! Hugs, Anita :)

Unknown said...

wow Mario, I LOVE your cards!!! Soooo pretty!! Genius simplicity :) Thanks so much for joining us over at Challenge up your life!

My Paper Epiphany said...

YAY! You were not only GD, but in my opinion yours were the standouts! The first one so pretty and elegant and the second such a fantastic design!!!!

Suchi said...

Congrats on your GDT feat! Both your cards are superb Maria! The first one stole my heart! :)
Suchi xx

Cris G. said...

Congratulations, Maria! Love the softness and simplicity of your second card, but the first one is a stunning beauty, can't stop staring at it!

Kim Heggins said...

A big congrats to you!!! Two simply amazing and beautiful cards.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...