Monday, April 25, 2016

STAMPlorations inspiration #72

It's time for more inspiration from the STAMPlorations girls and trust me, there's plenty of inspiration to be found. Take a look. Tomorrow. I'm posting early to squeak in before Colour Q closes its doors ;)


I found my inspiration in one of the newly released sets designed by Shery, Trendy Feathers 2, which as you can see has feathers that are mirrored images of each other. At least as far as the shape goes. So what does that mean? That, my friends, means more bang for your buck!


 Cuz you can use feather #3 to stamp an entire card. And then come back with the reverse of feather #4 to color one of them. In tricolore, Broken China, Abandoned Coral and Delicata Gold, even! The only other step was to add a heat embossed snippet with my sentiment and a few sequins. See that sparkle on the gold tip of the colored feather?


I looked to the cool colors at Colour Q for inspiration. I think they fit this design so well.


And I'm sharing my card at:
A Blog Named Hero - CAS
Virginia's View blitz link-up party - Friendship


Appreciate your visit. Enjoy your day!

11 comments:

Suchi said...

Wonderful card---love the pop of colors only on one feather! :)
Suchi xx

SD pooja said...

I too loved the colorful feather against other bnw ones :) Fab card.

SD pooja said...

I too loved the colorful feather against other bnw ones :) Fab card.

Monika Reeck said...

I just join again at Colour Q and found your beautiful card
woooww you only colored one and let the other only B & W cool
really lovely your design Maria
adorable use the color combo and so CAS perfection
you are so clever
see you around again Maria
hugs
Monika

Mac Mable said...

Ohhh these stamps are gorgeous and yes more bang for your buck...Gorgeous card, clever idea and the sentiment and colouring the one feather is perfect x

Shelly said...

This is awesome!! Love it!

Anita in France said...

So fabulous, Maria ... love that single coloured feather with the sentiment ... perfect! Hugs, Anita :)

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

So pretty, your spot-coloring!

shirley-bee said...

So effective! That's a bonus I hadn't realised, getting matching solid shapes for each feather by reversing!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Perfect how the feathers go with the Colour Q icon

Helen F. said...

Oh this is a fun technique. Love your pretty feathers and awesome sentiment, Maria

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...