Sunday, April 24, 2016

hooray it's your 50+50+18 day

We've got a combo birthday party coming up (maybe you remember back in 2014 our family's 161 party?). This time it's for 50 + 50 + 18! ETA: Our married friends are both turning 50 and their daughter, 18,  and they are having one big party to celebrate! I took the opportunity to play with the

MFT Sketch and
 MFT Color challenge.

I'm heading to Time Out #55 where it's about Celebrations with the option of die cutting. Yep. And Seven Hills Crafts cuz of my colors. And I'm sharing at Seize the Birthday where it's Anything Goes too.


I knew the MFT High Rise Number dies were going to play a big role on my card due to the ages. So So happy to own these dies - I've gotten such mileage out of them!


Inked some Neenah CS with two tones each of blue, green and yellow inks (DI, Adirondack and SSS dye inks). Splattered and Perfect Pearled it before die cutting circles from it. Then I die cut the numbers from the circles and from white fun foam.

Took a creme cardbase, adhered a strip of B/W Pink Paislee PP and heat embossed the sentiment from MFT Birthday Greetings. Adhered the circles and numbers and a variety of gold and silver sequins (Pretty Pink Posh and Winnie and Walter) to get that "party on a card" feel ;)


Hope you're having a fabulous weekend. Thanks for looking.

21 comments:

Ruth said...

Haha 161 birthday! Love those big numbers and it's a card with pop - love the colours. Have a great party! Xx

Tracey McNeely said...

This is fantastic! I love the depth and dimension and the colours works perfectly for a birthday card!

Lisa Kind said...

I'm still trying to figure out what this means but it's so cute, I really don't care! :-) Love all the fun colors and splatters! Thanks for taking the Time Out to play with us!

~amy~ said...

so fun! Love your take on the sketch!

Anita in France said...

Cool and so fun, Maria ... love the sense of energy and movement! Hugs, Anita :)

Joyce said...

What a fun and fabulous design. I am so glad that you explained what you were celebrating in your post, because I honestly thought at first that you had a super old friend!

JoAnn said...

Love your card and the creative way you used the sketch. Thanks so much for joining us at Seize the Birthday.

Anita in France said...

Oops, Maria ... came back to say how happy I am to have you playing along with us at Time Out! Hugs, Anita :)

Craft-E-Place said...

Fabulous card, great colours, great design and super fun!
Elaine

Happy Dance said...

Sounds like a really fun party! A few years ago, we celebrated the 25th anniversary of my little sister's 25th birthday! Your card is amazing! Love the way those numbers look all dressed up in their party colors! What a fun card. I just know they'll love this! Have a great week. Bev

Nikki Foraker said...

How totally clever, and absolutely cute! :)

Karen B. said...

What a cool card!

Suchi said...

SUch a fun card! Love those numbers! :)
Suchi xx

Cris G. said...

Absolutely cool!

Nancy said...

Your card is Fabulous Maria! Love those bold numbers and the balance of colors! Thanks for joining us over at Seize the Birthday and we hope to see you again soon!

Anonymous said...

I really love the colour combo and the fab numbers - great card x

Patti said...

Oh yeah!! this is just too cool! : ) I love it!

Patti

Keren Baker said...

That is gorgeous & CLEVER! love the use of numbers and colours in your design; in fact, love everything about it! Thanks for playing along with the Seven Hills Crafts challenge! xx

Susan R. Opel said...

You've been spotted!

http://bit.ly/MFTSpottedMay3

Susan R. Opel
Creative Ambassador for My Favorite Things

Susan R. Opel said...

You've been spotted!

http://bit.ly/MFTSpottedMay3

Susan R. Opel
Creative Ambassador for My Favorite Things

Jill V said...

Brilliant! I love: the colours, the dimensional die cuts, the greeting, the strip down the side, everything!!!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out! Jill

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...