Sunday, April 17, 2016

MMCC #22 second reminder


Just a reminder that you still have ten days to join in with a SUNSHINE card over at The Mixed Media Card Challenge. Today I've got not only a sunshine of sorts, but also some bricks!


For this card, I let some textured PP do the work for me. Onto it I stamped a Belarto Nova large bloom using a foam stamp and acrylic paint. Mimics the sun, right?

I stencilled some colored-with-acrylic-paint embossing paste through Dutch Doobadoo Bricks stencil at the bottom edge and perched a felt birdie on it.

Some messy stitching around the edges and a few stamped "happy" sentiments from STAMPlorations Vignette: Chevron and Arrows finished off my card.


See all that texture thanks to the embossed PP (it even has sparkles in the letters!), the matt paint, the paste and the birdie? Yet easy peasy.

Hope you'll join us this month over at the MMCC!

I'm playing at:
Pinkfresh Studio's April Challenge where they want to see stitching or thread. Yep.
Seize the Birthday - the topping this time is Floral and since my sun is actually a bloom...


16 comments:

SD pooja said...

Superb !! Loved the texture n bloomy sun on it !

SD pooja said...

Superb !! Loved the texture n bloomy sun on it !

Mac Mable said...

So artsy, vibrant and creative. Love the texture you've created and fun idea with the flower/sun idea x

Tenia Nelson said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!!!!!!!

Tracey McNeely said...

How absolutely beautiful Maria!

Diane Jaquay said...

Super awesome, Maria, love how you added to the patterned paper to make this very unique! Great texture too!

Suchi said...

So cheerful and happy! :)

Colleen said...

Maria, outstanding...all of it is glorious and the sun does shine! Love all your layers! Thank you for playing along at Seize the Birthday!

Happy Dance said...

I like this one Maria. Really a great use of the patterned paper, and I love the contrast of the shiny to the mat. This is really a 'happy' birthday card. Such fun colors too! Bev

~amy~ said...

I LOVE this. The colors, the texture...everything.

sannalippert said...

such a lovely card, Maria!!!!

KandA said...

Gorgeous cheerful card Maria. Love the texture and the little birdie sitting on the wall xx

lostinpaper said...

Oh gosh, this is absolutely fabulous, I just had to pin it!

Glenda J said...

This is fantastic! I never think of stamping right on to patterned paper. Thanks for playing along with Seize the Birthday.

Rahmat said...

Vibrant colors, love the stitching. I just linked up a card to MMCC, I find myself pretty bad with a proper mixed media card...I have the ability to do only a CAS mixed media...I admire at your mixed media cacards Maria!

Anita in France said...

Fun and texture-y and downright happy, Maria ... fabulous! Hugs, Anita :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...