Monday, April 4, 2016

score lines

Squeaking in before the deadline for a challenge that intrigued me - Make it Monday over at PTI where it's about incorporating score lines into your design.

Needing a couple sympathy cards, I decided to make score lines my design and this happened.


Scored three horizontal and vertical lines to create the cross. Put down some blue watercolor. Added water with my brush and then when the blue was pretty dry I added some purple. The trick was to tilt the paper a bit to help the pigment settle into the scored lines. Conclusion: I need more practice! The sentiment is from an all-time favorite set Botanical Silhouettes.

Joining:
Time Out - where I concentrated on "water" from this inspirational quote
'A woman is like a tea bag - you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water' by Eleanor Roosevelt


14 comments:

Suchi said...

Very cool colors and loved the way you have made this sympathy card Maria! :)
Suchi xx

Ruth said...

What a lovely sympathy card - I love the ethereal feel to the cross and the score lines to give it some structure. Beautifully done. Xx

Rahmat said...

Like how you interpreted the TIME OUT, didn't occur to me at all ;) A perfect sympathy card maria, the mix of blue and purple is lovely!

Mac Mable said...

Clever technique and the colours are gorgeous. The overall look is so perfect for a sympathy card.

paperkicks said...

Beautiful card and message!

Marybeth said...

I love the way your cross was created and such a prett purple! Beautiful sympathy card.
Thanks for your sweet comment:)

Karen B. said...

Stunning!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Cool idea! Worked out great!

Barb Ghig said...

Gorgeous sympathy card, Maria! I love how you used the score lines in your design!

sandie said...

Such a great idea for creating a cross and I think your water colour adds an arty look to this. Great to see you at Time Out x

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Maria, this is beautiful! I think the amount of ink settled into the score lines is perfect.

Martha said...

OH, Maria, this is one beautiful card. I love it! Fabulous take on the MIM.

Anita in France said...

What a cool technique, Maria ... love the gentle softness of the watercolour around the scored cross ... so perfect for a sympathy card! Delighted to have you playing along with us at Time Out! Hugs, Anita :)

Lynn said...

So soft and beautiful Maria. A perfect sympathy card. Thanks so much for playing with us at Time Out!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...