Saturday, April 30, 2016

STAMPlorations inspiration #73

Squeaking one more inspiration project into this month over at STAMPlorations.  I was so moved by a card I saw, that I ran to recreate something similar. But alas, this is one of those didn't-quite-turn-out-as-I-imagined projects.

Here's Yoonsun's card that I saw and loved, largely due to the colors, including that greige watercolor wash background. Well, and the berry sprigs too. I'm a sucker for berries.
Image Source

And here's my card. Suffice it to say my plan went a bit awry.


Here's what happened. I was ready to give the no-line watercoloring a go. Pulled out the new Smile set and Abandoned Coral and Barn Door Distress Inks (like Yoonsun) and used them to watercolor the lilies. Used Bundled Sage and Evergeen Bough for the stems. And then I used a mini mister. Um. No can do. Lotsa bleeding. Lots.

So I scratched the original plan and went from there. Had intended to heat emboss "smile" in yellow to bring in that spot of yellow in the middle of the card. And had intended to give the BG a wash of greige. But I opted to just stop, stick with black for my sentiment and splatters of Heidi Swapp gold shine spray instead. Love that golden goodness.


Trimmed the panel down, stamped the bud branch onto a red cardbase and adhered the panel (along the top only) aligning the branches. Forced to make it my own, I made it my own ;)

But not to fear, I gave it the old if-at-first-you-don't-succeed. Watch for my next STAMPlorations Spotlight post on May 7th to see how I did manage to achieve the look I was going for ;)

I'm sharing this card in the Anything Goes challenges at  SSS Wednesday Challenge  and at Addicted to Stamps and More.


8 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful!!!

Teresa Kline said...

hello Maria! wow, this is stunning...I am luvin the outcome! I am so glad you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

blog-paperie blooms
ig-2klines

sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

Teresa Godines #6857 said...

Beautiful coloring. TFS

Loll said...

LOVE the look. Making it your own is the best, Maria. xx

Deepti said...

I love that look :)

cm said...

Dreamy, Maria...love this!
Hugs~c

Anita in France said...

Soft and dreamy, Maria ... it might not have been the look you were going for, but it's gorgeous all they same! Hugs, Anita :)

stempelfrida said...

Such a nice effect with your soft no line flowers. Thank you very much for joining our ATSM challenge. Creative regards from stempelfrida
http://stempelfrida.blogspot.de

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...