Wednesday, April 6, 2016

two winners!


First off, thank you all so much for your comments on my Leading Lady posts for Winnie & Walter! I thoroughly enjoyed them. And the month. And for those of you who asked... my all-time favorite children's book is The Velveteen Rabbit illustrated by Michael Hague! Although I think it's as good a book for adults as for kids. Don't you love this quote?

“Real isn't how you are made,' said the Skin Horse. 'It's a thing that happens to you. When a child loves you for a long, long time, not just to play with, but REALLY loves you, then you become Real.'
'Does it hurt?' asked the Rabbit. 
'Sometimes,' said the Skin Horse, for he was always truthful. 'When you are Real you don't mind being hurt.' 
'Does it happen all at once, like being wound up,' he asked, 'or bit by bit?' 
'It doesn't happen all at once,' said the Skin Horse. 'You become. It takes a long time. That's why it doesn't happen often to people who break easily, or have sharp edges, or who have to be carefully kept. Generally, by the time you are Real, most of your hair has been loved off, and your eyes drop out and you get loose in the joints and very shabby. But these things don't matter at all, because once you are Real you can't be ugly, except to people who don't understand.” ― Margery WilliamsThe Velveteen Rabbit


So, the non-real Mr. Random has spoken. Comment #40 (of 222 - and I'm only sharing that with you cuz it's been a special number for me since it was my dorm room number freshman year at college, with my dear roomie with whom I lived all four years ;)

Drumroll please... The winner of the $30 Gift Card to the fabulous Winnie & Walter is lucky TracyM #6773 who left this comment, as well as super sweet comments on my other three Leading Lady posts.

CONGRATULATIONS on being Leading Lady Maria!!!
Your work is ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS, LOVE your STYLE!!!
THANK YOU for sharing the story of your watercolour cards ... I confess that I am a slow starter on this trend and need all the help I can get => feeling INSPIRED and looking forward to practising with your pretty colour palette :)
Tracy. please send me your email address so I can pass it on to Shay at Winnie & Walter!

And I promised in my birthday post to send a lucky commenter some goodies and Mr. Random has chosen pcm who left this comment: 
pretty blossoms! happy birthday!
pcm. please send me an email with your mailing address so I can send you some goodies.

Vielen Dank to everyone who stops by here regularly. I truly appreciate your support.

4 comments:

pcm said...

oh my goodness! you're birthday, present for me! Thanks Mr. Random! (BTW, that segment from the velveteen rabbit is one of my all time favorites!) how do i email you? pcmjunk at yahoo dot com

TracyM #6773 said...

WOW - THANK YOU SO MUCH - you have made my day Maria!!!
CONGRATULATIONS to pcm too :)
THANK YOU for sharing the quote too, it really is lovely.

Susanne Vargas said...

Congrats to the lucky winners!
The Velveteen Rabbit is a great choice, as is that particular quote! I also love the audio version read by Meryl Streep.

TracyM #6773 said...

Hi There Maria
Just dropping by to check that you received my email the other day. I used the one linked in your profile and hope that it was the right one.
Thank You and Kind Regards,
Tracy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...