Friday, January 11, 2013

rainbow repeat (MIM, Moxie Fab, Neat & Tangled)

Wanna hear how my brain works?  This card started with an idea to cascade the letters h, e, l, l, and o from the top of the card and have a window lower right where "friend" would peek through.  First dilemma, I had envisioned PTI letters but I don't have the stamp only the die.  Hmm, I could die cut the letters from fun foam - a new technique I'd never tried.  Hmm, too much work and I really wasn't sure about the design - whether to place the letters straight or haphazardly.  Hmm.  Wanna see what actually happened?


So the window happened.  But it became a flower.  And the fun foam happened too (it actually works pretty well, with pigment inks at least) but as leaves.  Cuz once again, my mind's eye visualized the PTI vines, but alas I only own the die.  Solved that problem...


Die cut the vine from fun foam and attached it to an acrylic block with non-permanent adhesive.  Die cut the bloom from the cardbase.  Stamped the vine repeatedly using a soft and sweet rainbow color scheme.  Stamped the flutterbys and sentiment on the inside panel.


And cuz I liked the result so much I decided to be efficient (again) and make a whole set.  I had a few more ideas floating around in my brain.  Here are two more.



For this last one I die cut the bloom from scrap paper and used the negative to mask the inside panel before stamping the clouds.   Love how it came out kinda "cloudy".   I just love the sentiment stamps from PTI Happy Trails.  They "speak" to my split personality - clean and graphic typewriter font mixed with artsy fartsy script.

Playing at these challenges:
PTI - Make it Monday #99
Moxie Fab World - Challenge #60 Card with a Window
Neat & Tangled - Clean and Simple
Moxie Fab World - # 18 Stamp with a homemade Stamp (geez, just came up on my reader - how fitting)

Just keep watching...



Supplies for cards:
Paper: CS Neenah
Stamps: BG Hero Arts, other PTI
Ink : Cat's Eyes, gray Hero Arts, Versafine
Tools: die bloom Spellbinders, vine PTI
Other: fun foam

17 comments:

Jay Gee said...

Fabulous Maria! Your mind may have gone the long way around, but the end result is really great. So clever making your own stamp and it stamped so well :)

Unknown said...

gorgeous!!! you are a natural my friend. a true artiste!

Suzanne Russell said...

Absolutely gorgeous! My favorite is the third-I love that sentiment. Happy day!

Marlena M. said...

Maria this is beautiful...I love the soft effects you came up with. Excellent way to use what you have to create the vision~

Miriam Prantner said...

Loving these window cards! So sweet and CAS, thanks so much for playing along at Little Tangles!

My Paper Epiphany said...

Very clever to make your own stamps with foam and die and I love the shape of the window!

Helen F. said...

All three are beautiful creations, Maria! LOVE the sentiments peeking out from the window.

Danielle said...

These cards are just beautiful! Perfectly CAS! Thank you so much for playing with us at Little Tangles :)

Tracy Ercole said...

Beautiful cards. Thanks for playing along :)

Tenia Nelson said...

So so pretty!!! Thanks for playing along with the Little Tangles challenge!!!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Maria! Thanks for linking this up to the Make a Card with a Window Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Maria! Thanks also for linking this up to the Stamp with a Homemade Stamp Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun there as well! :)

Unknown said...

Hey Maria! Congrats on your moxie fab win!!!!! Such a cool card!

Sue McRae said...

Congrats on your win with this fab card. Love your use of fun foam!

Lin said...

Congrats, Maria, on your win at MFW - well done!!

My Paper Epiphany said...

Congrats on your Moxie Fab win!

Darnell said...

Oh, my goodness, you are a ROCK STAR, Maria!! I'm so, so, so HAPPY for you, my friend. Congratulations on the well-deserved honor from Moxie FAB!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...