Thursday, January 17, 2013

let's hear it for the gals (Lawnscaping, CMC, Dream Valley ...)


Bet you're dying to know what this girly in the sneak peek is all about, eh?  Sorry, gonna make ya wait...

OK.  So my cards take me so long cuz I get boggled down with all the possibilities - this ink or that one?  this PP or that one?  do I have a better heart stamp?  News flash:  it is really cool to challenge yourself to use only one stamp set.  Really cool.  Try it.  I've a couple more cards to share with you from the card set I made for BFF's birthday.  Remember this and this?  Using this age old Inkadinkado set:


Start with this inspiration photo from Challenge #57 at Inspired By:


And then notice the striped coffee cup stamp nestled between the bathtub and the martini glass.  Well, please meet "We Need Girl Time".


Took a Cat's Eye stack and just used it.  Talented people get paid lots of money to develop a bunch of ink colors that go together well.  Why not just trust 'em!

Entering this card at:
Card Mania - #12 Oh so girly!
Dream Valley - #48 Anything Goes

And... did you see that Lawnscaping is celebrating their second birthday?  Going strong.  Lawn Fawn is even getting into the die business now too I see.   Well, even though I'm not using LF stamps, I am making cards for BFF's birthday so I'm joining the fun.


Please meet  "Mani & Pedi - wishing you a Happy Birthday".  (Had to borrow the HB sentiment stamp for the inside from a different set but that's allowed.  My challenge.  My rules.)


Manicures and pedicures are so-not-me.  Don't know if it's that, or the fact that BFF is a hairdresser, or that these divas have such an attitude... I LOVE THIS CARD.  Did you notice the single bling on the sentiment?  And the cucumbers on their eyes?  Get outta town!

OK, so they are actually kiwis, but I'm sure your Pavlov's-dogs-brain told you at first glance they were cukes!  Some teensy thingies I picked up at our dollar store.  Supposed to go on your fancy, schmancy fingernails.  Nope.  But my wonderful card they may adorn...

These ladies are making their way over to:
Sweet Stamps - #100 Anything Goes
Stamping Sensations - Friendship

Whew.  Long post.  It's bedtime.  Nite.



Supplies for Girl Time:
Paper: Cardbase Papermania
Stamps: Inkadinkado
Ink : Cat's Eye, Versafine


Supplies for Mani Pedi:
Paper: Cardbase Papermania
Stamps: Inkadinkado
Ink : Versafine
Tools: 
Other: bling, nail decals







16 comments:

Laurel said...

I love your take on the inspiration photos, what a fun card! Thanks for playing at Inspired By.

Unknown said...

you rock. that is all.

Susie said...

Love your cards, especially the coffee cup one - the colours are great and I love the sentiment! Thanks for joining our Anything Goes Challenge at Dream Valley. Susie x

brenda said...

Lovely CAS examples Maria and I especially like the one with a coffee cups.

Thanks so much for sharing with asked at Stamping Sensations challenge this month.

B x

Marlena M. said...

I LOVE the use of the kiwi!!! So creative~

pinky said...

Love both your CAS cards, just brilliant Maria. Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations this month.
Pinky

{Chrissie} said...

Very cool card! So CAS and it's great!

Thanks for playing along with Lawnscaping!

Elena said...

The mini kiwis (er, cucmbers) is such a great touch! And, your post is super funny. Thanks for playing along with us at Lawnscaping :)

Kelly Griglione said...

Hahaha ... cucumbers on the eyes ... that is too funny! What a fun, punchy, card!!

melsanford said...

Fab creations - love 'em! Thank you for joining us at Dream Valley :-) Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

melsanford said...

Fab creations - love 'em! Thank you for joining us at Dream Valley :-) Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

Ani said...

Cleand and simple, yet so darling! Thank you for playing along at Card Mania! I hope you'll join us again with our next challenges very soon! Hugs, Ani

Lynne K said...

Great CAs cards, and a fun take on our Friendship challenge! Thank you for sharing them with us at Stamping Sensations, and good luck.

Lynne

Addii said...

Very cool card!Fab creations!

Thanks for playing along Card mania challenges!

Tracy said...

Fab creation, thanks for joining Stamping Sensations, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Dilyana said...

This is so cute! :-) Thanks for joining us at Card Mania Challenge and I hope to see you again!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...