Friday, January 25, 2013

my mia bella (Moxie Fab, Retro, SSSS)


Have to give you the rundown on this card's birth.  Cath of Moxie Fab fame took us on a photo tour of CHA Winter 2013.   Thanks, Cath.   "Cool.  Cool.  Sweet.  Nay.  Cool... WHOA." - that was me scrolling down Day 1's Tour as I got to the third photo from the end.  The Mia Bella collection from SEI.  Go ahead and check out my link, have a gander at the drippy-inky-bokeh-ish PP in the upper right corner of Cath's photo. I'll wait...

It was love at first sight.  So my brain starts toying around with ideas... how can I create that same effect? (There I go again, trying to do a job that teams of people at these companies get paid to do!)  This is all I could come up with.


Some masking.  Distress inking.  Splotching and splattering of DI reinkers, Maya Mists and watered down white and gold acrylic paint.  And a jumbo sentiment.  I likey :)  And boy was it a blast to make.  You may recall my quest for the perfect splatter... I'm still questing.

I'm hooking up to the Moxie Fab - 75 Challenges #49 Make your own background paper cuz it's Cath's fault that I did this ;)

You may have recognized the Retro Sketch:

Because this card shows the true me - my-artsy-fartsy-give-me-a-good-technique-to-try-CAS soul, I'm playing at Simon Says Stamp and Show - What are you known for?.

Thanks for visiting.


Supplies for happy belated:
Paper: CS Neenah
Stamps: sentiment The Craft's Meow
Ink : Distress ink, Maya Mist, Versacolor
Tools: eyedropper, paint brush
Other: masking tape, acrylic paint, water



12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh My! This card is so totally out of this world! And it's so totally pinned!

shirley-bee said...

Wow, I love how this turned out!

Karen B. said...

Yeah, this is really, truly gorgeous.

Anonymous said...

Gosh, this is a piece of Art!! Brilliant, I love it :-)

Laurie said...

What a fun technique! Thanks for playing at Retro Sketches!

Jen Mitchell said...

Great interpretation of that paper! And what a great take on the sketch! Thanks for joining us at retro sketches!

Deborah Frings said...

I really like your take on the sketch! The spatter pattern is fab!

Karen Dunbrook said...

I likey....those kind of bkgs. are so fun to create!

Suzanne C said...

Love the soft artsy background with the mask for the sentiment! Beautiful card! Glad you joined us at Simon Says Stamp and Show!

Anonymous said...

Oh this card and technique is way cool! Looked great in the thumnails and better in the bigger format on the post. I want to try this for myself. Love how you get the inky look and keep it CAS.

Gabi MeWi said...

einfach und schön - einfach schön!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Maria! Thanks for linking this up to the Make Your Own Background Paper Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...