Wednesday, January 23, 2013

itty bitty background that i used to know... (Moxie Fab, SSSS)


Challenges.  They motivate me.  They drive me crazy.  They have on occasion caused me sleepless nights. They regularly prove that I am a procrastinator.  And I love 'em.

I'm sure you've seen the Paper Crafts 75 Card Challenges issue out there.  Did you participate in the blog hop too - where the designers had to create a card based on a song?  I posted a comment on the PC blog about my fave song of the past, well, 12 months!  Know it?  If not, wanna listen?  Somebody that I used to know - Gotye  Indie pop?  Never even really knew what that was but I guess I'm a fan.  I LOVE this song.

Image credit
Well, after posting my comment at PC I went back and watched the video again and DUH!  Meet my itty bitty homemade background.


This was so fun.  And therapeutic.  Cut two strips of watercolor paper.  Heat embossed the haphazard lines. Then spritzed the paper and painted some of the areas with gray, brown and green watercolors.  Cut the pieces apart and adhered to 3x3" kraft cardbases.  Added a sentiment and raffia and here's a set of mini-cards.  I'm hooking them up to:
Moxie Fab World - 75 Challenges #49 Make your own Background Paper
Moxie Fab World - 75 Challenges #23 Make and itty bitty Card
Simon Says Stamp and Show - What are you known for? (my answer:  a post mixing cards and my up-close-and-personal cardmaking process... hope that qualifies)


I'm envisioning them adorning a lovely bottle of Riesling.  Like so.


Did I mention I LOVE that song.  Of course it's in my head all the time now.

Um, it just dawned on me that you may not actually like that song.  I do have a "just somebody that I used to know" in my life who chose to "treat me like a stranger and it feels so rough" which may explain my affinity for the song - but, nope, I'm not sharin' details.

Happy creating.



Supplies for tags:
Paper:watercolor paper Hero Arts, kraft ?
Stamps: red rubber strip from packaging of mounted rubber stamps , sentiment Klartext
Ink : Versamark, Versafine
Tools: 
Other: embossing powder, watercolors

8 comments:

Michelle said...

Wow, Maria! These are fabulous!!!! I love them. And tied to a wine bottle is perfect.

shirley-bee said...

Fabulous! I love the modern stained-glass effect, and the subtle colours.

Karen B. said...

These are so cool and modern.

Nina Yang said...

Love this! Maria!

Sarah said...

great modern designs - love the bold lines. Thank you for playing with us this week at Simon Says Stamp & Show! Sarah.

alexandra s.m. said...

You know what?
I remember watching this video over and over agin this past summer thinking to myself...."something should be done with this...it could be a fantastic card or something..." and then I forgot all about it but YOU on the other hand have done it!
You have created something so gorgeous and fun and unique! and I just want to say "BRAVO Maria"

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Maria! Thanks for linking this up to the Make Your Own Background Paper Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Maria! Thanks also for linking this up to the Make an Itty Bitty Card Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun there as well! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...