Sunday, June 9, 2019

when you're swatching your new catherine pooler inks... part 4

So the other day I finally got around to swatching my new Spa Collection inks from Catherine Pooler. And I had some time on my hands so I had a play...

Meet the fifth and sixth card to emerge from this playtime.



This design is basically the same as yesterday's, just with different colors. I was aiming for a modern Christmas vibe. (DD doesn't think it'll fly, but oh well.)

I used an old solid square wooden stamp and a Stampamajig to create my backgrounds. Again, each square only has one layer of ink. Can't beat the coverage. I then stamped the little images with the same colors to get the tone-on-tone result.

I used solid images from various Christmas sets and sentiments from Technique Tuesday and Inkystamp.

Tomorrow's makes are CASEs of Lisa S. working with The Stamp Market hexagons.

Today I'm hooking up at:
Christmas at Sweet Stampin - June AG option non-traditional colors
Watercolor Wednesday - AG Feminine
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge - AG
STAMPlorations - CAS Challenge

4 comments:

Shery Russ said...

really love the modern graphic look of these two cards, Maria. if i ever get my mojo back, i'd be case-ing these.

flossbite said...

Wonderful cards. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge. Good luck!

Anita in France said...

More fabulous colour blocking, Maria ... this time deliciously festive! So pleased you got those inks! Hugs, Anita :)

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Oh that is so clever. Brilliant inspiration from your colour swatching. Lovely creations. Thanks for sharing this with us at Christmas at Sweet Stampin' this month. So glad you did. Hugs, Wends xoxo CaSS DT

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...