Friday, June 7, 2019

when you're swatching your new catherine pooler inks... part 2

So the other day I finally got around to swatching my new Spa inks from Catherine Pooler. And I had some time on my hands so I had a play...

Meet the second card to emerge from this playtime.

star sequin

This newly acquired sentiment stamp with all its curlique goodness was also sitting out on my workspace so I put it into my MISTI and did some selective inking. First the black. Then each individual area of color - blue, green, yellow, orange, red.

Now this Spa collection does not yield a Salty-Ocean-to-Picked-Raspberry vibrant rainbow like Distress Inks would, but that is exactly the reason I chose this collection to add to my ink collection. I like the muted tones. I added a little gold star atop the "i" for some more "shine".

And I'd also like to say that although working with these ink pads takes some getting used to (they're kinda squishy like pigment ink pads, and super sticky too) they perform really well on clear stamps.

So... there was also this wooden stamp I'd pulled out to get rid of in my recent declutter action...
Stop by tomorrow to see how the inks work with rubber stamps!

4 comments:

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Maria - Nice card! I love the colors you used and that sentiment is gorgeous!

Kara Lynne said...

Those CP inks are so pretty and vibrant! I scrolled down to see part 1 as well - you sure know how to have a good time! I love my CP inks too!

Darnell said...

Love this new mini series and love the CP inks. It's wonderful to be able to used colored inks again! And I'm aswoon over this card design, Maria! I was interested to read that you store these inks upside down. I've always done that with my inks, but when I bought the CP inks last year, I asked about that and either CP mentions it in a video or it is somewhere on their website (can't remember which) that these inks should not be stored upside down. Now I wonder if the thinking has changed? Hugs, Darnell

Anita in France said...

Rainbow loveliness with a touch of subtle style, Maria ... those colours sure are gorgeous together! Hugs, Anita :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...