Thursday, June 6, 2019

when you're swatching your new catherine pooler inks... part 1

So the other day I finally got around to swatching my new Spa Collection inks from Catherine Pooler. And I had some time on my hands so I had a play...

Meet the first card to emerge from this playtime.


While swatching, I usually stamp onto the label on the bottom of the ink pad once too so I can see the color when my inkpads are stored (upside down). Well these inks really don't dry on "glossy" paper, so I grabbed some CS snippets, used the reverse of a stamp I had out, stamped an area of the ink color and then punched out the center area to glue to the bottom of the ink pads. With me so far? So I had this strip of stamped and punched images and couldn't bear to just toss it!

So I swiped some ink onto skinny CS strips, mounted them left and right of the strip and added a sentiment in the dark blue Juniper Mist (what a great color) too. Voila!

Stop by tomorrow to see what a CP Spa ink rainbow looks like :)

3 comments:

Shelly said...

Fabulous card, Maria! Great idea not to let anything go to waste, too. ;)

I Card Everyone said...

LOve the swatching… and seeing that adorable MS punch used again!! Her's are the ONLY punches I've saved and will never let go of!
Really sweet, Maria!
=]

Anita in France said...

Not sure anyone but you could create something as fresh and lovely from ink swatches, Maria ... fabulous and so clever! Hugs, Anita :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...