Saturday, June 15, 2019

sympathy card series - part 1

Why does my supply of sympathy cards go down so quickly? Grrrr.

And the situation called for something special. I wasn't sure what exactly. So I decided to revisit a couple designs I really like, here and here. And make several (as in 8) while I was at it. Cuz what I needed was one for a gal I know whose husband was killed in a tragic motorcycle accident. So incredibly sad. Their kids are about my kids' age. What can you even say???


Acrylic block smooshing. Distress inks in Broken China, Worn Lipstick and Scattered Straw.

Heavy heart.

In the end I decided on the one on the right. The sentiment reads "sometimes there are no words." My sentiments exactly.


3 comments:

Cathy said...

These are lovely cards Maria, the colours are so soft and dreamy and the sentiment is perfect. So sorry for your friends loss, Cathy x

Hannelie said...

Beautiful! The one with the bird... ♥

Anita in France said...

Yes, Maria, sometimes there really are no words. You've expressed that beautifully in these serene, soothing cards. Hugs, Anita :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...