Saturday, June 8, 2019

when you're swatching your new catherine pooler inks... part 3

So the other day I finally got around to swatching my new Spa inks from Catherine Pooler. And I had some time on my hands so I had a play...

Meet the third and fourth card to emerge from this playtime.




Now this Spa collection does not yield a "Picked Raspberry" vibrancy like Distress Inks would, but like I mentioned yesterday, that is exactly the reason I chose this collection to add to my ink collection. I like the muted tones. I chose four that reminded me of The Stamp Market or Winnie and Walter colors (why reinvent the wheel, right?) and played with them - Polished, Sauna, Green Tea, Skylight.

So... I'd recently done a tutorial for this card. And then there were also these two wooden stamps I'd decided to get rid of during my recent declutter action still lurking near my workspace...


They were what I used (with a Stampamajig) to create my backgrounds. I also like how the inks work with rubber stamps! Don't think I'm getting rid of these two yet ;)

On the first card I only stamped the solid block of color once cuz I didn't trust myself to get it right twice with the Stampamajig. Pretty good coverage, eh? Then I stamped the little images with the same color ink. Love that tone-on-tone result.

For the second card I used that stamp up top in the photo and inked it with all four colors. Since the ink pads are oval, you see the curves especially on the pink and blue areas. But I kinda like how that turned out. And I sure love how that caterpillar's "tatoo" makes for the perfect subtle sentiment!

Tomorrow I'll share two Christmas makes in a similar style.

I'm sharing my first card at:
Daring Cardmakers - Elemental Inspiration (colors, squares, leaves)
ATSAM - CAS

5 comments:

SD pooja said...

Cool cards !

Inkyfingers said...

What gorgeous CAS cards Maria and such a creative way to use those stamps. Love the cute caterpillar!
Thanks for sharing with us at ATSM.

Handmade by Natty said...

Those are some lush CAS cards, I love the muted tones of those inks too - still vibrant and packing a punch.
Thanks for playing along with the Daring Cardmakers this week!

Dawn said...

Gorgeous creations. Loving the clean and simple look. Thanks for joining in at Daring Cardmakers. x

Anita in France said...

Love love love, Maria ... delicious blocks of luscious colour with those adorable little images ... yep, love! Hugs, Anita :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...