Sunday, January 8, 2017

ellen hutson mix it up with avery elle

Did you see that the current Mix It Up Challenge over at Ellen Hutson Classroom is mixing Essentials by Ellen with Avery Elle products? I have both. And mojo. Ready?

My first card is for the little girl that received this project. She'll be 8 this year and she is crazy about hedgehogs (must be the German blood in her ;) So of course I had to pull out Avery Elle More Stories, and while I was at it Storybook, cuz I felt some random BG stamping coming on!


Started by stamping the hedgies, then the "8" from Essentials by Ellen Advent, then the bird, and so on to smaller images. I chose my colors from CAS Colours and Sketches #204 and colored some images with Copics.

The number in the inspiration photo over at Double D inspired me to put the "8" on my BG. Happy 1st Blogaversary to Double D! I'm playing at Challenge up your Life too, where it's about DIY Backgrounds. Yep!


Then I worked on a personalized sentiment with some Papertrey products and added a couple vellum die cuts from Essentials by Ellen Wild Garden. And some purple glitter CS (cuz really, when will I ever use if if not on a card for an 8-year-old girly girl!)


Hey, and I even remembered to work on the inside. I think she'll like it.


And then. Know how you just have to have some product, you get it and then you don't use it? That was me and Avery Elle Rounded Diamonds which appear to be discontinued. Love their graphic nature, but daunting. So I went to Color Throwdown #424 and was saved by black!

Somehow when I saw these colors and that image a lightbulb went off in my mind. And this these happened.


I used "enjoy" from Essentials by Ellen Zipper Panel for the sentiment. And pounced my glue pen around the card and sprinkled some chunky gold glitter on it (thanks, Bev) to pick up the gold of the sentiment.

I'm really trying to make multiples each crafting session, ya know? So, the leftovers became a card too. Basically just played around with the pieces until the arrangement felt as right as could be (!) and then added the perfect sentiment from Avery Elle Brushed.


Thanks for sticking with me. One more card coming your way tomorrow. Hope your weekend is going well. It's cold here, like below freezing. But wine drinking outside is still possible if you have one of these fabby fire barrel/table combo thingies to keep your legs toasty!



15 comments:

Vicki said...

Cute "8" Birthday card! Thanks for joining the Double D "Anniversary" Challenge!

karen h said...

Thanks for playing along with us at CC&S! Your card is fun; love the sentiment collage.

Lindsey said...

I'm sure Lily will love her personal card! Fabulous hedgehog stamps x

Ashwini Rao said...

Awesome cards, Maria! I love all of them, but the last one is my favorite!

Ruth said...

Just had to come and give that cute little card some love - those hedgehogs are adorable - and of course you had to have glitter. I also need to follow your example of making two cards in a sitting if I can - my stash goes down so much and requires so much to replenish! Loved the bright and bold against the black background. Gorgeous stuff! xx

Happy Dance said...

If I know 8 year old girls at all, you've nailed this card perfectly. Lily is going to adore the purple glitter, and that you remembered she loves hedge hogs! Just darling!! Great use of both the positive and negatives from your AE die too. Perfect for the Color Throwdown, too. Great cards my friend. Have a great week. Bev

Leigh Penner said...

Wonderful cards!

Darlene said...

Such a cute "8" birthday card! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATION’ challenge! We hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

Amy Rohl said...

Strikingly beautiful cards! Thank you playing along with us at CTD this week!

Patricia Hays said...

Your hedgehog card makes cute use of our CC&S challenge colors! Thanks for joining us this week! :)

Emily said...

Love all the cute stamps you have used! Thanks for joining us at CC&S challenge this week!

Fiona Whitten said...

I love the hedgehogs and I'm sure the little girl receiving the card will too. Thanks for joining us on the CC&S challenge this week.

Beverley said...

Awesome card and beautiful personalised card with a cute hedgehog, I am sure Lily will love it. Thanks for joining in at CC&S. Hugs Bev x

Anita in France said...

Such a sweet, shimmery girlie card for Lily, Maria ... those hedgies are adorable ... we have a trio just like them living in the courtyard (though they're hibernating at the moment brrrrr!). Dramatic and stylish die cuts ... crisp, fresh, fabulous! Toasty toes while wine drinking ... sounds good to me! Hugs, Anita :)

Steffie said...

Oh wie süß!
Danke, dass du bei CUYL dabei bist.
Liebe Grüße
Steffie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...