Wednesday, January 11, 2017

alice says thank you

A quick post today to share a card I made using the most nondescript stamp in Becca's Strong Women set from STAMPlorations. Remember, Becca's stamp line is 10% off this week. Plus you can use my discount code in the sidebar to get an additional 20% off!

Yesterday's card was one of those "detour" cards - it kinda created itself. Today's happened during the same sitting. All I knew was that I wanted to use the tiny "thank you" sentiment from the set. See it mid-left?



What to do with such a tiny stamp? As I was flipping through my STAMPlorations stash, Alice No. 1 popped out of the bunch (guess it's not in the store anymore!). I purchased this set cuz I love to perch things on things, like uplifted hands. Like a sentiment. Or three in emerald ombre Altenew ink tones.


But Alice is so tiny too. How to get her to the card's "sweet spot"? Enter some metallic embossing paste through Bubbles stencil. And that's my card! Hope you likey.

I'm hooking up at:
Artistic Stamper - Anything Goes
Happy Little Stampers - CAS

9 comments:

Happy Dance said...

Yep. I do like it! Smiling right now at your CAS brilliance, in fact! She's perfectly positioned on the metallic bubbles. What a wonderful card. LOVE this!! Bev

Sharli Schaitberger said...

I love the card and I thank you for explaining what it is that made it so perfect! Excellent!

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Super design Maria!!!

Love and hugs
Maarit

sandie said...

I really love this sweet card, love the ombre sentiment and the extra detail of the embossed circles, a real beauty. Thanks for joining HLS

Anita in France said...

Yep, me likey, Maria ... sweet image holding up that trio of thanks ... and yummy shimmer along the edge! Hugs, Anita :)

Neets B said...

I love the thought you put into this using the image to lift the sentiment and ground her on the bubbles. Great card. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Happy Little Stampers CAS Challenge, Anita x

Cris G. said...

This is one genius card... love your creative thinking!

Jennie -The Artistic Stamper said...

love it! Thank you for joining in The Artistic Stamper Creative Challenge this month xx

Chrissie said...

This is beautifully CAS, great layout too!
Thanks so much
Chrissie HLS CAS DT

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...