Thursday, January 5, 2017

CUTplorations January

Prosit Neujahr!!

Ready for the first CUTplorations challenge of 2017? Black and gold and gloriously fancy schmancy...

image source: Smashing Magazine

Yeah, I'm a total sucker for that geometric goodness. Add splatters and I'm done!
Here's what I did with die cuts.


Sorry that my black looks like dark blue, but check out that white stuff in the background in the photo below!!! We had a balmy Christmas but got the white stuff to start off 2017. That's cause for a celebration!


My card was pretty simple to make. Heat embossed some images from STAMPlorations Scribbly Splattery Grunge onto my cardbase. Added a strip of washi up top. Then a dry embossed (We R Memory Keepers Gemstone) balloon from Kathryn's Big Wishes with Awesome Word die loosely attached to mimic a balloon string.

I sure hope you'll join us for some die cutting fun this month over at CUTplorations. Just make a project using die cuts based on our inspiration graphic. Be sure to use at least one STAMPlorations product and hook up to the gallery. Winners (there are gift certificates to be had) will be chosen by the DT. Here's the link.

Don't forget about my STAMPlorations discount code in the sidebar if you're in a hurry to get your hands on some new goodies ;)

I'm taking this card over to Danipeuss Kartenchallenge - Feiern, Stempelkueche and Inkspirational. How could I not?




10 comments:

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Golden geometry - won't get much better that that! Love what you did here!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Fun inspired card

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Wow Maria! This is an amazing card and quite a celebration!!! Stunning!

Kim Heggins said...

Wow....stunning card! Love all that wonderful gold.

Stempelomi said...

tolles Kärtchen!Danke für deine Teilnahme an der Stempelküche-challenge.LG,Beate

Mimi Zitrone said...

Beautiful card, Maria! Thank you for playing with us at Stempelküche-Challenge!

Ruth said...

Oh it's so shiny and works so well with that embossing folder - you alwasy give me new ideas to work with my stash. I think I've used that one three times. It needs to come out again! xx

Viv said...

Happy New Year! It's fabulous Maria, love the dramatic classy black & white too. Sorry I am so late commenting, still not feeling great with this flippin' cold! hugs Viv xx

Happy Dance said...

We had two big snows before Christmas, most of it has melted, but more light snow is on its way early next week. As long as it stays off the sidewalks and driveways, I'm a happy camper, lol!! You've blown me away with this card, Maria. This is absolutely fantastic-- your balloon mimics the one in the inspiration photo so perfectly. Wow!! Very, very cool card. Blessings to you and yours this New Year. Bev

Anita in France said...

Stylish and cool, Maria ... with a fabulous touch of pizazz ... the geometric gold is awesome! Pretty snow ... we're still unsnowed, though it's all around us ... maybe it'll sneak up over the weekend! Hugs, Anita :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...