Tuesday, January 31, 2017

STAMPlorations january release - day 2

 

It's Day 2 with the STAMPlorations Inspiration DT. Ready to see more new stamps and dies in action? Pull up a seat. You can check out the whole blog hop lineup in this post. Until February 10, all 4 stamps and 3 plate dies from the January release are 5% off automatically. (And don't forget my discount code STAMPGIRLMARIA for an additional 20% off ;)

The star of today's post is Shirley's Fowl Play. Onc can never have too many birds, right?


So for today's card, I'm CASEing myself again.


And dating myself. I couldn't help myself when I saw the "poultry in motion" sentiment (I'm sure Shirley was singing it too) Remember this tune from the 80s? You're welcome.


Thought those chickies looked like they were on a mission, and trying to get there fast, so I copied my layout of the shoes card. This time I white heat embossed them onto blue CS. Added a red heat embossed sentiment which wasn't visible enough on the dark CS, so I heat embossed it onto a vellum strip cut with one of the Art Edges dies that reminds me of a film strip - like "motion" pictures. Get it?

Don't mind that that bottom chickie has some ruffled feathers. I dragged my hand through the no-yet-heat-embossed powder while stamping the other birds and had to do a touchup with a Verasmark pen. Oops.

You can check out what the rest of the DT made here. And there are prizes up for grabs for comments on our blogs, and the STAMP facebook and Instagram pages! You have til Feb 7th to comment. Winners will be announced in the winners post on the 10th.

34 comments:

Dee Earnshaw said...

Fun case of your card lol!!! Love how you colored the sentiment tag too:)

Becca Yahrling said...

Love the birdies embossed in white. Really cute card.

Jane said...

See I can go even further back to 1960 with a song by Johnny Tillotson - that was what jumped into my head! Fab card by the way!

Sheila H said...

How cool to CASE your own card 😊

Sharli Schaitberger said...

EEK! I love this so much!! Your "poultry in motion" card is phenomenal!!!!

Craftyfield said...

Lovely CAS card, witty too..

ionabunny said...

What a fun card. Love the blue. Hugz

shirley-bee said...

I'm as old as Jane - it was Johnny Tillotson 1960, I'd never even thought about the Thomas Dolby song. They're definitely on a mission, and I love the motion picture sentiment strip.

Mary Holshouser said...

Nobody would notice the "feathers"
on the bottom chick if you hadn't
mentioned them. Love the chicks
walking around the card.
thanks for sharing.

cghundley said...

Loved the Partridges!
Super cute card with
the traveling chickies.
Carla from Utah

Teresa Godines #6857 said...

Love your cleaver layout. Fun card

Jean said...

How fun is this!!

JenniferE said...

Super cute!

Sue D said...

Cute and fun design!

Denise Bryant said...

Fun card! Love the Fowl Play stamp set!

nancy littrell said...

CAS chickie fun Maria. TFS your really cute card. Hugs..

Valerija said...

So fun and beautiful card.
Valerija xx

Karthikha said...

Such a fun CAS card :)

Arianna Barbara said...

Beautiful CAS card!!!

Preeti D. (aka Dutt Preety) said...

what a fun card!! love those lil critters
cheers
preety

Golden Goddess Designs said...

the sentiment is so stinking cute! your design deserves CASEing...it is fantastic!

Alicia

Grudniowe Handmade said...

Funny card :)

Deepti Aggarwal said...

Lovely card...White embossing on blue bg is looking awesome.

JanR said...

So cool!

Jessica Lin said...

Super fun and CAS! Love the white embossing against the bold background.

McStamper said...

Love your card - the sentiment is great.

Suchi said...

WHat a cool CASE Maria!! So fun!! :)
Suchi xx

Helen said...

Great "in motion" design, Maria. Thanks for sharing it.

Craftychris said...

Love this! Simply fabulous! xxx

Anita in France said...

Hahaha ... I laughed out loud at that sentiment, Maria ... and will be singing for the rest of the evening ... thank you! Brilliant card ... cool white on bold blue ... and such a clever case of an already clever Maria design! Hugs, Anita :)

Rosmarie said...

Ha, mal eine ganz andere Perspektive! Sieht toll aus auf dem dunklen Papier!!

Daria Z. said...

Love that sentiment - and thanks for getting that song stuck in my head!! Love the blue and white.

cm said...

My fear of birds fell by the wayside with your cracks-me-up Poultry in Motion (as an English teacher, this makes me laugh out loud!)delight! Too. Much. Fun!
Hugs~c

Tina Z. said...

amazing design, I love it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...