Monday, January 30, 2017

STAMPlorations january release - day 1

 

It's hop time with the STAMPlorations Inspiration DT. Ready to see the new stamps and dies in action? Pull up a seat. You can check out the whole blog hop lineup in this post, BTW. Until February 10, all 4 stamps and 3 plate dies from the January release are 5% off automatically. (Don't forget the discount code in my sidebar ;)

The star of today's post is Shery's Noteworthy 2. (So excited to see some of the sentiments I'd suggested show up in this set!)


I CASEd myself for today's card. Maybe you remember this one.


When looking for a way to showcase a sentiment from Noteworthy 2, I thought about creating a BG with it. Or part of a background. Since I'd decided to try to work with red, orange, yellow and blues for this hop, I even kept the yellow and red color scheme the same.


After stamping the BG, I adhered a panel of PP and two alphabet plate (coming later this week) leftovers before adhering my circle die cut which I'd stamped with seven chicks and one "exception" from Fowl Play (coming tomorrow).

U be the judge. Does it get my "U be the Exception" message across? I don't know why but the whole things gives me some kind of galactic vibe...

Check out the rest of the inspiration from the DT here and see how and where you can comment to win some great prizes too!

37 comments:

Marianne said...

So fun! Love your circle of birdies as well. Makes me think of Life of Brian: We're all different. Yes, we're all different. I'm not!...

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Those tiny birds make a neat pattern!

Sheila H said...

Cool design! The bright colors really pop.

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Cool design! I love the bright colors. This stamp set looks amazing - I might NEED this one!

Anita in France said...

Fun and funky, Maria ... and yes, that single orange-y chick among the yellow ones definitely gets the message across ... exceptional! Hugs, Anita :)

shirley-bee said...

It's those lines of dots that are doing the galactic thing...
Incredible stamping and alignment of the little chickies, and yes the 'u' works.

Mary Holshouser said...

Great color combination.
The layering is fun.
thanks for sharing.

cghundley said...

Cute design and
great colors.
Carla from Utah

Craftyfield said...

The quote used as a background motif is a great idea!

ionabunny said...

What a cute card. Love the circle of chicks. Hugz

Teresa Godines #6857 said...

Love how you used the sentiment to create the fun background. Great card

JenniferE said...

So fun! Love the sentiment stamped all around.

Becca Yahrling said...

Cute design. Love those birdies!

Dee Earnshaw said...

Fun card - love the bold colors and design:)

Kim Heggins said...

Fun card...love all your fabulous details!

Denise Bryant said...

Pretty background and layering! Love the sentiment stamped for your background design.

nancy littrell said...

Clever card design Maria. I love your multiple stamped background and colors. TFS Hugs....

Arianna Barbara said...

Wow!!! Really cool and fun!!! Love it!!!

Evelyn vasquez said...

Genius use of the birdies.

Jane said...

Fun, funky and fabulous! Love this quote combined with your other elements, genius!

Jean said...

Such fun cards!

Sue D said...

Cute. I like the stamped sentiment background.

Helen said...

So much to see and enjoy with this card. The chickens are delightful. Thanks for sharing it.

Valerija said...

Beautiful card. I like it!
Valerija xx

Karthikha said...

Such a fun card :)

Leanne said...

Lovely card! Love how the circles birds created a circular design. In my opinion, the message on your card could have been clearer if the U had to be in the pink color which stands out.

Preeti D. (aka Dutt Preety) said...

beautiful work!! loving the possibilities this stamp set offers
cheers
preety

Golden Goddess Designs said...

great concept! love those layers!

Alicia

Grudniowe Handmade said...

:) Great idea

Deepti Aggarwal said...

Love it..so trendy and funky card!!

Jessica Lin said...

Love this! So bold and trendy!

McStamper said...

Love your use of the sentiments. Great card.

Craftychris said...

Love that sentiment, your card too! xxx

Rosmarie said...

Den Hintergrund ganzflächig mit dem Text zu stempeln, das finde ich genial!
LG Rosi

Daria Z. said...

I didn't even realize that those were chicks - clever!

cm said...

Umpteen apologies for being MIA; my scheduled 7 days of marking diploma exams transformed into 12 (talk about blurry eyes!) which saw me falling behind in leaving "slow blogging" comments. Hopefully, you received the thought-bubble ones and those at IG, as your gallery has been nothing short of marvelous! Starting here; fingers crossed I can stay caught up for while! Your card: only exceptional! The blues, the yellow, the punch of pink...yep, like bigly! *grin*
Hugs~c

Tina Z. said...

amazing card.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...