Wednesday, May 14, 2014

dreamy hello (SSS, Virginias View)


Have you seen the June 2014 issue of Paper Crafts and Scrapbooking yet?  There was one category that I couldn't get enough of... Inspired by Song Lyrics.  You'll die when you see which song/idea came to my mind first... they shared my card over on the PC and S blog!

But I get to share another with you here.  This was for the Stamping on Different Mediums category. (And the complete opposite as far as style goes.)


Artsy fartsy. I stamped the floral arrangement and roughly colored it with gelatos which I then hit with a wet paint brush. Added some bright orange accents with a colored pencil.  Then I randomly stamped the airy Posies from Technique Tuesday on acetate with StazOn and stitched the acetate over the stamped panel. Love how it kinda floats over the image underneath. TIP: Use temporary adhesive to hold the acetate in place when stitching, then rub it off.

Playing at:
Virginia's View #3 cuz stitching is a great way to attach acetate to a card
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge where it's about Spring Flowers

Have a great day!

ETA:  This card showed up over on the PCS blog today and it's so cool to see what it inspired Go-To-Gal Laura W. to make!


Supplies for hello:
Paper:  CS Bringmann, PP Kesi Art, recycled acetate
Stamps:  Hero Arts/BG, Technique Tuesday
Ink : Versafine, StazOn
Tools: sewing machine
Other: gelatos


17 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

Yes I loved that feature in the new PC mag Maria. When I read it over breakfast yesterday I saw your card and was singing it all day! This is a fabulous card I love the effect of using the Gelatos!

Virginia L. said...

Wow. this is such an awesome design with a bit of smart stitching, Maria! Love the pattern from the outlined flowers and the bright colors underneath the vellum! So glad that you join the fun over Virginia's View Challenge! Congrats on the pub, too! You got this, Babe (Maria)!

Lin said...

LOVE that acetate overlay, Maria! Makes such a complicated-looking design!

Petti said...

This is a wonderful piece. Love all the elements which go so well together!

Irish Cherokee said...

I love the acetate overlay. It is fun to create floating images. Great job with your card Maria.

shirley-bee said...

This is fabulous, Maria! I love the line art images floating over the artsy fartsy layer. Love the song card too!

Karen M said...

Very cool card - I love your fabulous design! xx

Cris G. said...

This is stunning, Maria! I thought that the Posies was thread... but then I couldn't see the stitching. Great job with the acetate, such a cool effect. Congratulations on being published too!

Deepti said...

Congratulations on ur publication, if I owned a magazine... I would publish all ur cards :D, u r so incredibly brilliant !

Susanne Vargas said...

Boy, you sure master every style! Be it clean and graphic or artsy-fartsy! And I love them all!

Jenny said...

Your card is beautiful, I love the sketchy floral overlay you created Maria :0)

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

A masterpiece!

aufspapiergebracht said...

Ich weiß gar nicht was ich sagen soll, die Karte ist ein Traum ;))
Ganz liebe Grüsse Elisabeth

Taheerah said...

This card is beyond amazing in every way!! I just love the layering you achieved thanks to the acetate, and the 'messy' colouring is perfect for this mixed media look!! This one should be in a frame and on display permanently!!

LaVon Hall said...

Love the idea.... stitching the acetate is such a clean way to adhere it! Everything about your card is so lovely!

Sarah G said...

Fabulous - love the pops of colour from the gelatos and acetate overlay! Such a cool look :)

Vicki Dutcher said...

OMG! I saw this showcased over at Virginia's and had to search it down. I LOVE the use of acetate and I will be using the idea!! It has the most awesome effect -- WELL DONE my fellow teammate! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...