Sunday, May 18, 2014

washi in the sky with... stitching (SSS, Virginias View)

Are you like me, you have 20 rolls of washi in your stash but never know quite what to do with it? Well the Open Auditions for Gallery Idol 2014 over at Paper Crafts and Scrapbooking are asking for entries using washi.  Tja.  What to do?

I'm kinda stuck in a hand-lettering, foot-loose-and-fance-free rut these days.  So decided to give it a go with washi.  And since washi seems to always be about big and bold, I challenged myself to make it not.  It almost worked.


Big it is.  Bold, it's not really, right?  I created a watercolored sky BG and pulled out the most delicate washi tape I own.  Laid some down on white CS to make my letters then cut them out. Stitched for added interest and adhered with various height adhesive. And this is what happened.

Hope you likey.

I'm playing at:
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challege - Die Crazy (I die cut PC-generated sentiments with teeny MFT cloud dies from some of the leftover watercolored BG)
Virginia's View - Stitching


Supplies for high on you:
Paper:  CS Bringmann, watercolor paper
Stamps: 
Ink :
Tools: clouds die MFT, scissors, sewing machine
Other: washi, PC generated sentiment

16 comments:

Irish Cherokee said...

Very interesting and unique creation Maria. I like it. Washi tape is fun but I dare say I have very little of it.

Tracey McNeely said...

Maria this is so cool, I love how you created your washi letters!

Tenia Nelson said...

LOVE LOVE LURVE!!!

Susanne Vargas said...

I like it very much! You always come up with the coolest ideas!

Virginia L. said...

This is truly fun and creative! You really put your stitching skills into GREAT use!! Love it so much, Maria! Good luck on Gallery Idol. It IS an amazing experience! And thanks SEW much for entering Virginia's View Challenge! Tolle Werke!! Viel Gleuck!

Leni said...

Fun! Great idea, these stiched letters!

Kim Heggins said...

Just fabulous...so fun!

Greta said...

Over the top creative--love it, Maria!

wunderschön-gemacht.de said...

.... i love this style, maria! i`m inspired and wish you a creative week, dunja

Sarah G said...

Such a clever way to use washi - love the combination of patterns and your stitching too!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I LOVE this, Maria! Super creative way to combine washi and stitching! I'm rooting for you on Gallery Idol -- this is one of the most eye-catching cards and most creative uses of washi I've seen on there!!

shirley-bee said...

Sooo clever! Good luck with Gallery Idol!

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card Maria, I love how you've created the letters.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
hugs
Mandy xx

Deepti said...

Every time, I visit ur blog, I am kinda stuck... ur ideas are wow!! I love being on ur blog :)

Jenny said...

I absolutely love this idea, genius way to use washi. fingers crossed for you with Gallery Idol x

Colleen Dietrich said...

Congrats on your name in lights for this card at Virginia's View!! It really is awesome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...