Monday, May 19, 2014

STAMPlorations sketch #12


Sharing a card with you for the latest sketch challenge over at STAMPlorations which was actually a submission call reject which just happens to fit the bill for sketch #12.  Love it when that happens ;)

Presenting the sketch...


And my shimmery, glimmery card...


The submission call category was Art Deco.  I used some other stamps for the peacock feathers and glam BG (stamped with Perfect Medium and then covered with Perfect Pearls like here), but the font of the sentiments in VIGNETTE: Art Deco Border Builders is the perfect font for Art Deco style creations, don't you agree?

I heat embossed the sentiment in gold onto some tiny black die cuts and attached them as well as one cut from turquoise shimmer CS with a brad and some twirly metallic thread wisps. Kinda see the sketch if you mirror image it?

Check out what our guest designer, Debbie created, as well as the STAMPlorations DT.  Show us what you've come up with.  As always, there are prizes up for grabs!  Sketch Challenge #12 ends on May 30.

Appreciate your visit.


Supplies for hello you
Paper:  CS Bringmann, shimmer CS DCWV
Stamps: BG Impression Obsession, feather Kelly Purkey, sentiment STAMPlorations
Ink : Perfect Medium, Versamark
Tools: paintbrush, Christmas tree die SSS
Other: Perfect Pearls, brad Basic Grey, thread


16 comments:

Nonni said...

This technique is so great, it's been on my to do list for ages... Thanks for reminding me about it again! A stunning look! xxx

Vicki Dutcher said...

Awesome looking card -- I adore those layered tags!!

alexandra s.m. said...

Fancy and arsty!
I love it Maria!
Thank You~

sandie said...

I adore the Art Deco look, love how it fades towards the bottom of the card x

Irish Cherokee said...

Excellent! Beautiful color combinations and subject choices. That gold is what brings the pop of the feathers together.

Happy Dance said...

Love this, Maria!!! I've got an Art Deco fireplace in my living room, complete with original andirons. You've really captured that feel with this card. Will definitely try to play along with this great sketch! Have a great week!! Bev

Sarah G said...

Love the perfect pearls on black - so beautiful! Stunning card.

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

This is just gorgeous - I have to pull out my perfect pearls again when I 'll get back home...

Kim Heggins said...

wow...this is one fabulous card!

Deepti said...

This shimmery card takes my breath away :) I am amazed, I love these perfect pearls, now have to buy them right away ;)

shirley-bee said...

Sumptuous card! Fabulous design, and I love the little group of tags.

Anonymous said...

Very sumptuous looking card. Love the perfect pearl effect. Lucky us, glad it was rejected, it meant you were able to share it with us.:-) Have a great day! Hugs Monika xxx

ionabunny said...

Stunning card. Love the little tags

cm said...

Your Art Deco card is sheer fabulous! Love the images, the shimmer, the colours...gorgeous!!
c

Kelly Griglione said...

I know people always say "I can't believe this wasn't picked up" but man, now I don't feel so bad that mine wasn't picked up. Your treatment of the sentiment is a fun twist.

Monika Reeck said...

It looks like you painted the image dear Maria..love the glimmer and the shimmery on your card..total fascination colors...and nice touch of the gold...great put the sentiment too...Stunning card...I love this Maria..

.I join the challenge on Stamplorations,my card with Coffee theme...hope you would like to hop to my Blog and leave me some love...Hugs, Monika

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...