Thursday, May 15, 2014

hey there birdie (Paper Players, SSS)

Oopsy daisy.  (On a tangent... I actually say that.  As does Hugh Grant in Notting Hill (LOVE THAT MOVIE). And I think Nichole H. must follow my blog (HA!) and liked this card way back when enough to create a new stamp set based on it. Of course, right? (HA HA HA HA HA HA))

Anyhoo, I guess in the excitement of the blog hop for it I forgot to post a card from the Card Creations Volume 12 that came out back in March.  It truly is a great (and still paper, folks) issue. Martha will second me on that - she was lucky to win a copy on my blog back in the hop.


Well I want to share this card with you cuz of how I was inspired.  Got a circular in the mailbox and there was a set of sheets with lotsa white and a branch and leaves in citrusy colors.  So I pulled out a NBUS, Bird die from Lifestyle Crafts and set about to create this card.


Moral of the story... inspiration abounds.  Just gotta keep your eyes open, like this birdie here. Thanks for looking.

I'm joining the fun over at Paper Players where the colors are Coral, Saffron and Pear.  Close enough, I hope. And this week at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge it's all about Die Cuts.  Can do.


Supplies hey there:
Paper: cardbase Bringmann, PP Bringmann
Stamps: W Plus 9
Ink:  Versafine
Tools: rectangle die Lil Inker, bird die Lifestyle Crafts, branch die Sizzix, leaves die MFT
Other 

12 comments:

Hannelie said...

Cuteness galore!

Anonymous said...

oooooh, this is just too cute Maria!

Gunilla/Nilla said...

This is such a fun and bright card...LOVE IT!!!

Irish Cherokee said...

Just the right thing for INSPIRATION. Open mind, dark room, light goes on. WOW. That just might work. LOL. LOVE IT. GREAT card Maria.

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Adorable - der kleine Piepmatz! (Had to say this in German...)

Teresa Kline said...

hi Maria! this is soooo cute, I adore the paper piecing, totally sweet! So glad you played along with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

sparkle & shine *~*

Deepti said...

Wooooooo !! You are superb, simply the best, the more I see ur cards the more I want to visit ur blog and the more I visit, the more I am inspired. You are terrific, love this cuteness.

Deepti said...

and yes!! Congratulations on the publication :)

Ann Schach said...

How cute is this! So clever! Congrats on being published. Thanks for playing with The Paper Players this week!

stampwithsandy said...

Ann stole my thoughts exactly! How cute is this?! Love all those adorable patterned pieces. This card is sure to bring a big smile to someone. Thanks for joining us this week at The Paper Players!

Anne Marie Hile said...

So, SO cute! Love the mix of patterns and that cutie patootie birdie! Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Paper Players! :)

shirley-bee said...

Fabulous bird collage! Love the colours!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...