Monday, May 5, 2014

STAMPlorations sketch #11


How do you like this sketch?  It's the new one over at STAMPlorations. Easy peasy, right?  Check out what our guest designer, Mynnette of On a Stampage did with it - a polka dot, kraft beauty. Here is what I did with it.


DD needed a birthday card for a girlfriend and had already purchased a gift card which had a pink on pink damask pattern.  With this in mind and the sketch in hand I cut apart my MOM Subway Art Builders #2 and #5 and made the little banners to hang off the focal point.  On the focal point I used an image from VIGNETTE: Art Deco Border Builders to achieve a damask-like subtle pattern. I chose a smooshed-together-in-order-to-fit-the-pink-panel Dymo sentiment.

Give this sketch a go and you could win some digi products from All About Scrapping.  Give our May challenge (Stamps and Flowers) a go and you could win some stamps. Give all three challenges a go this month and there's a grand prize to be won. Check out the deets on the STAMPlorations blog.

Appreciate your visit.


Supplies for happy birthday:
Paper:  cardbase The Paper Studio, CS DCWV, PP ?
Stamps: STAMPlorations
Ink : Versafine, SSS Doll Pink
Tools: corner rounder EKS, Dymo
Other: 

12 comments:

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Love this beauty with the hot pink! - I forgot to write up my blog post for the sketch challenge - maybe getting old.....will do this tonight....

sandie said...

I love this Maria, the pink panel design is such a cool way to use these stamps and a unique and creative way to use the MOM stamps x

Vicki Dutcher said...

Super fun - I like the pop of hot pink!

Debra James said...

Great card. I love the hot pink with the black and white background

shirley-bee said...

That's the advantage of handmade cards - personalised and customised - and fabulous!

Irish Cherokee said...

A bright eye catching birthday card Maria. Love it.

Mynn xx said...

This is AWESOME! LOVE the great pop of pink on top of all the black and white! Thanks so much for having me as a guest at STAMPlorations! :) HUGS and enjoy the rest of you week! Mynn xx

Deepti said...

The bright pink on that black and white BG is jaw dropping pretty!! I love this design :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Maria. Great Hot Pink & Black combo. Have a fab day! hugs Monika xxx

DYMO Support said...

Well done! You did choose a great combination of colors. We are happy to see how our Dymo embosser helps you to be more creative! ^CP

Dena J said...

Love the color pop with black and white. The sentiments on the tags is super!! I have written that in my 'great ideas to copy' journal! Thank you.

Monika Reeck said...

Love all the concept on your card Maria...I love the pink white and black combo and the tags with sentiment really caught my eyes...super duper great idea...and adorable card..

I join the challenge on Stamplorations with this sketch too my card is nr. 19 maybe you would like to see it...I would be glad...hugs, Monika from Germany.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...