Sunday, May 25, 2014

RIC gone masculine and a winner (RIC)

 Wanted to play along at RIC again.



It was the design on the floor which caught my eye. And yellow. Which became this.


Because I needed a birthday card for my godson who is actually now a man ;) A die cut. Some Distress Ink markers (in Tumbled Glass, Vintage Photo and Mustard Seed to go masculine).  A paintbrush and water to "pull" color applied through a die cut template.  And a sentiment heat embossed onto Distress Inked vellum.

And I've a winner from this blog post.  DS picked #14 so the lucky commenter to win a SENTIMENT BUILDERS: Thank You set is


Please contact me with your mailing address, Hussena, and we'll get the set off to you. Thanks for looking.


Supplies for herzlichen glueckwunsch:
Paper:  CS Bringmann, watercolor paper, vellum
Stamps:  sentiment Klartext
Ink : distress inks, Versamark
Tools: die SSS
Other: white embossing powder

20 comments:

Hussena said...

Wow !! Your card looks just amazing what a fantastic take on the inspiration picture ...love . And so excited to have won the stamp set .Thank you so much for it :)

Linda Beeson said...

I really like how you used that die cut and you did do a great job of giving it a masculine look

Susanne Vargas said...

Love, love, love!

Darnell said...

It's so funny how I "get" you, Maria. When I first saw this new photo for RIC a couple of days ago, I looked at the floor and thought, "I'll bet Maria will key off of that!" Sure enough! A brilliant card, as always, especially for your godman!! Hugs, Darnell

Tenia Nelson said...

This card ROCKS.....just sayin!! :)

Tracey McNeely said...

This is a very cool masculine design Maria! Love how you were inspired by the floor, I couldn't figure how to interpret it! Does that say happy birthday?

Kim Heggins said...

Wow...what a great guy card and I love that you pulled your design from not only the outfit but the floor, it is fun.

Lindsay said...

What a fantastic design Maria! I LOVE the triangles, and the vellum! Thanks for sharing it with us at the Runway Inspired Challenge!

shirley-bee said...

I'm going batty. I was sure 'd commented on this post. Anyway - love how you've got the panels at angles, and love the offset colouring.

Unknown said...

Love it! Really love that inked vellum! Need to try this!

My Paper Epiphany said...

Oh yeah! Graphic meets Artsy! Love your design!

Deepti said...

What a cool and graphic design :)

Kreativsüchtig said...

Was für eine endgeile Karte!!! Echt toll!!

Anonymous said...

Totally in love with this Maria! You've definitely taken the inspiration photo and turned it on its head - that die-cut panel is A.M.A.Z.I.N.G! Thanks for joining us on the Runway!

Jackie Rockwell said...

LOVE every detail of this card!!!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Love this one!

Jennifer Rzasa said...

I just love how you left some of the die cut sections in there...very cool! Thanks so much for joining us on the Runway!

Bori said...

Wow! your card is wonderful. The watercolors and the vellum are such a nice touch.

My Paper Epiphany said...

Big congrats on Ric win!

Cris G. said...

Big congratulations, your Royal Highness of Couture!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...