Friday, May 2, 2014

STAMPlorations may challenge "stamps and flowers"

It's time for the May challenge at STAMPlorations.  What do April showers bring?  Well May flowers of course.


Get out those stamps and make something with stamps and flowers.  Remember, you don't have to use STAMPlorations stamps to be a winner.  Here's what I did.


A bit of a stretch, but I went for a totally graphic flower, stamped with one of the MOM stamps from MOM Subway Builders #2 and nearly all the Distress Inks I own!  I love how upside down "MOM" reads "WOW".  Fun, eh?

I stamped a circle with an arrow stamp from VIGNETTE: Chevron and Arrows for the center of my bloom and the leaves with a sentiment from the same set.

This card won't fit in a normal envelope, but hey, Mom is worth the extra postage, right?

Head over to STAMPlorations and join us - check out what Sue our guest designer and my teamies have to share; you have until May 31.  The winner of the monthly challenge gets two stamp sets and a guest designer gig. And this is the prize up for grabs if you join our monthly and bi-weekly challenges...


Have a great day.


Supplies for hello mom
Paper:  CS Bringmann
Stamps: STAMPlorations
Ink : Distress Ink, 'Soft Granite Hero Arts
Tools: circle die MFT, circle cutter
Other: 

17 comments:

Hannelie said...

Now this is a creative flower!
Love it Maria!

Anonymous said...

Maria, I SUPER LOVE this card! Bold, creative, and something only you could've dreamed up to create!

Nonni said...

I love Shery's comment: I was looking for good words and she has found them: I SUPER LOVE this card too!! So creative and fun. The flower looks amazing and I especially love the center with the arrow stamp -It took some time for me to figure out it was the arrows stamp! :)

Irish Cherokee said...

Love the "out of the box" thinking. Really COOL card. Yes! Mom is worth the extra postage.

sandie said...

oh my goodness, this is just so creative, I completley love it! It is going onto my pinterest board for sure...love, love love it x

Tracey McNeely said...

Maria this is so funky! Ii love the design.

Happy Dance said...

Such a fun and bold card, and one I'm certain your mom will love! The little center of your bloom is just the right one for this card too - doesn't detract from your colorful mom/wow! And yep, she's definitely worth the extra postage. Bev

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Now this just blows my mind - WOW such burst of color!!!! LOVE this - super cool!!!!
Thanks for your birthday card - what a treat - never expected it to arrive in the mail! You guys are just so much fun to "hang around" with! Have a great weekend!

Debra James said...

Ohhhh wow... This is just amazing, what a flower.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Awesome "flower"!

Unknown said...

wowie kazowie! that is one rainbow of an amazing stamped flower!!! LOVE!

Anita in France said...

Oh wow, this is so cool, Maria ... the rainbow of colours is amazing and it's even cooler than cool where the mom turns into the wow! Anita :)

shirley-bee said...

This is SO Maria! Fabulous!

Greta said...

Oh my goodness--over the top creative & so much fun!

Deepti said...

Oh my my very very creative !! U are so brilliant, I am so inspired :)

Anonymous said...

WoW Maria. Love this rainbow flower and your inspiration for the wow stamp! Have a lovely day! hugs Monika xxx

Sue VanDeVusse said...

LOVE your fun, graphic flower! So very creative. Thanks for this inspiration.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...