Friday, December 14, 2012

tag a la Jennifer M. (Ellen Hutson, CUYL, SSS, SS)


Give me Peacock Feathers and Broken China Distress Ink and an ink applicator and I'm a happy camper. That's what first came to mind when I saw Simon Says Stamp's challenge to use one of your Favorite Things (tool, product, stamp).  Add a couple of challenges to the mix and I'm a really happy camper.

On Day 4 Jennifer M. created a work of art over at Ellen Hutson's Classroom for the Feminine Twist on 12 Tags.  You should check out those mirrored pieces she used - now there's one thing I don't have in my stash.  I had to go with what I have.

So I took inspiration from Challenge Up Your Life's #84 colors


and Stamping Sensations "Treemendous" challenge and this is what I came up with.


You'll probably never see a reed bird perched on an evergreen bough anywhere but here!  Or lilac snowflakes!  But I've got the distress inked BG under a StazOn stamped piece of acetate (cool effect BTW, Jennifer), a bird, a branch and snowflakes.  Even used a "Joy" sentiment.  And if you look closely you might catch the Stickles on the flakes and birdie's head and the glitter CS for the bough.

And purple, lilac, teal and light blue?  Check.

And a tree?  How 'bout a branch - will that do?

Happy Friday, friends.



Supplies for JOY:
Paper: CS Neenah, glitter CS DCWV, recycled acetate, purple CS Papermania
Stamps: dots BG CHF, text (on bird and fllakes) 7 Gypsies, sentiment Hero Arts
Ink : Distress Inks, Versacolor, StazOn
Tools: dies - bough Marianne Creatables, bird Memory Box, snowflakes Sizzix
Other: pearls, ribbon



10 comments:

Jackie Rockwell said...

This tag is BEAUTIFUL Maria!!! Distress inks sure do make wonderful backgrounds! I love all the details on your tag, especially the overlay of polka dots.

Thanks so much for the super sweet comment on my blog! :)

Geri said...

Well, I think your version turned out absolutely beautiful! Man, do I love those colors! And I really like your stamped acetate layered over your background! Jennifer's tag was gorgeous, but I actually think some normal paper mixed in with the shiny look is even better! I really enjoyed her video...always learn so much from her...thanks so much for sharing it!!!

Aimes said...

What a beautiful tag - I adore those colours!
Thanks so much for your sweet comments on my own blogeroo. In reponse to your question, Meadowhall in Sheffield really does exist - seriously! I spend every other weekend there shopping or on a date night with my guy. I'll have to send you a pic! ;D
And in addition to this - I actually come from the place where the Industrial Revolution was born courtesy of Richard Arkwright. Hope that injects some reality into the unit you teach your kids! :)
Hugs!
x

Emily Keaton said...

That is absolutely gorgeous! I just love your color combo and your design on this tag is impeccable. Fabulous work!

brenda said...

This is a really pretty tag Maria, a beautiful fusion of colours and great take on the inspiration.

Thanks so much as sharing with us at Stamping Sensations challenge this month.

B x

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Wow, well, you win my vote! I'm saving this beautiful photo to my inspiration folder (I'm hoping to do a tag workshop some time next year . . . but will need lots of ideas). This is just magnificent!

pinky said...

What a beautiful tag, gorgeous colours and looks so frosty and bright. Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations this month.
Pinky

Mad for Paper said...

This is really peaceful looking. Love the color combo.
Ang

Lin said...

Love, love, LOVE this, Maria! The colors are wonderful for Christmas, as is all the wonderful texture! Thanks so much for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp favorites challenge!

Sandra said...

I love your tag! Beautiful!
Thanks for joininf us at Challenge up your life
XXX
Sandra

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...