Saturday, December 15, 2012

dahoo doray tag a la ellen H. (Ellen Hutson, Catered Crop, Stamping Sensations, Craft Room)


OK, I'm dating myself here, but I grew up with the original red-and-green-cover copy of "How the Grinch Stole Christmas".  And the TV show (the animated version) only came on once a year.  So you planned your life accordingly.  Just sayin'.

Well, thanks Ellen Hutson for stirring up those wonderful memories.  Check out her tag on Day 12 of 12 Tags of Christmas with a Feminine Twist over at The Classroom.  It's totally Whoville.  And all I could think of was the end of the movie when all the little Whos stand around the Christmas tree singing "Welcome, Christmas" while the narrator reads "Maybe Christmas, he thought, doesn't come from a store.  Maybe Christmas, perhaps, means a little bit more."  Yep.  I think it's a girl thing.  The guys probably remember hottie Martha May's line from the movie:

Martha May Whovier:   Did I have a crush on the Grinch? Of COURSE not. 
Cindy Lou Who:   Uh... I didn't ask you that. 

Enter my gnomes-turned-Whos.  And a crepe paper Who tree.


What did you do with your Friday evening?  With the exception of a couple interruptions, I spent mine making a tag!  I'd venture to say there isn't a technique I didn't use on this tag!

Heat embossing - BG, sentiment
Distress Inking - BG
Homemade PP - polka dots, banner
3D die cut and stitching- tree
Fussy cutting - gnomes
Selective inking - sentiment
Banner building - banner
Washi tape - tree trunk, star
Beads - heart (cuz you know the Grinch's heart grew two sizes that day!)

Other little tidbits... vintage pink yarn from MIL for the top of the tag, the teensy ornament from my bestest Hero Arts Christmas sentiment set cuz it looks so Whoville-y, the gnomes out of some funky PP from Aldi, the glitter CS hole reinforcer for sparkle. And I used a Penny Black BG stamp which I won in a Simon Says Stamp giveaway.  Thanks PB.  I kinda like the retro look of it.

Yeah that's what your life is like when you play at The Classroom.  And I won't mention that it took 84 photos shot at three different times (thanks to lousy weather) to get an OK photo.  TIP:  3D elements create shadows.  No matter where your light source is!  Oh well.


Put a gift card pocket on the back of this tag like I did here.  It's popular to give someone a bouquet as a gift in Germany and I think this special tag with a gift card hung on the bouquet will make for an extra special touch.


This is the HS CL343 clear stamp set I used for the sentiment and ornaments.  Ellen Hutson is having a contest where you can win some of the 2013 HA cuties.  Check it out here.

Let's hear it for Dr. Seuss's take on Christmas.  And Ellen Hutson's.  Warning:  I think there's one more tag in the making (special request from DD) but then I'm tagged out.

Joining the fun at:
Stamping Sensations - Treemendous
Craft Room Challenge - Make a Tag
Catered Crop - Tag, You're It

Appreciate your visit.



Supplies for welcome Christmas:
Paper: CS  American Crafts, Neenah, linen texture copy paper, crepe paper
Stamps: sky BG Penny Black, banner BG CHF, dots PTI, sentiment Hero Arts
Ink : Distress Ink, Jenny Bowlin, Versamark
Tools:die Sizzix
Other:  twine, washi, bead, vintage yarn





6 comments:

brenda said...

A beautifully bright and cheerful Christmas tag Maria.

Thanks so much sharing with us at Stamping Sensations challenge this month.

B x

pinky said...

Wow what a great tree, love the dimension. Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations.
Pinky

Debi said...

I love the none traditional colours and the tree, thanks for sharing with us at The Craft Room Challenge, Debi x

Lynne K said...

What a jolly tag! Love the tree! Thank you for sharing it with us at Stamping Sensations. Happy New Year, and I hope you'll join us again in 2013.

Lynne

Francesca said...

beautiful, thanks for joining us at Stamping sensations this month and good luck!

Hugs
Francesca

hazel said...

A fabulous tag, I love the tree. Thank you for joining us at Craft-Room Challenge.
xxx Hazel.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...