Sunday, December 16, 2012

tag a la maile b., sorta (Ellen Hutson, Artful Delight, PDC, SSS)



If you haven't jumped on, you should.  The chalkboard bandwagon, that is.  I jumped on, thanks to some motivation from Betsy V. here.  And boy is it fun.  But I twisted it into a tag based on Maile B.'s tag for Day 10 of 12 Tags with a Feminine Twist over at Ellen Hutson's Classroom.


Now maybe not everyone gets into chalkboards.  Created by me, on a card, I'm a fan.  But let me tell you, in my stint as a teacher, chalk became my number one enemy.  First off, there's never a good sized piece at the board.  Second, some kids take pleasure in throwing it across the room.  Third, no matter how often you rubs your hands to get the chalk dust off, you always end up with chalk dust on your clothes.  And when you're fighting dry, chapped hands in the winter it's the last thing you need.  Nuff said.

May I say, however, that making a card with this technique is FUN.  Inky fingers are OK.

At first glance you might not "see" Maile's tag.


But it's there - the BG stamped with white images, the washi strip, the pink/green sentiment panel, the white ribbon.  My additions - a touch of bling and a gift card pocket on the back.  Again.


Playing at the Cafe again:

And at Artful Delight:

And at Simon Says Stamp - What's Your Favorite? cuz I love me some heat embossing.
Have a wonderful week before Christmas.



Supplies for You better not pout:
Paper: manila tag, black paper Bringmann, book page
Stamps: 7 Gypsies
Ink :  Versamark, Adirondack pigment, white pencil
Tools:
Other:  embossing powder, twine, washi, ribbon, bling




11 comments:

Tenia Nelson said...

LURVE!!!! That is all.

Sharli Schaitberger said...

This is wonderful! I have chalk marker, chalk-board stickers (as might be used to label containers) and haven't gotten up the courage to play with them yet! I need to just get over it!!!

I'm so sorry about calling you by the wrong name the other day! I am going to say it's the medicine they are giving me (just had a total knee replacement) and hope you'll forgive me. :-)

Hugs!

Caryn said...

Gorgeous Maria - must give the chalk board effect a go myself - I love the look and Betsy V is just so inspiring. Great designs.


Hugs,
Caryn xxx

Karen B. said...

First things first, your post had me laughing out loud! Second, cool tag with the chalkboard technique. I tried it out once and would like to try it again, I think yours was very successful. And lastly, thanks for playing at Artful Delight!

Rachel said...

so glad you played twice!! this is so much fun! and yes, after being a teacher im surprised you're even willing to touch the stuff again lol! Thanks for joining us in the Play Date Cafe!
-Rachel w k
rwkrafts.blogspot.com

Joy said...

I so need to try this technique, you have captured it so perfectly.. thanks for joining us at Simon Says Challenge blog

Veronica Z said...

Your tag is SO cute! I am loving the chalk board technique! Thank you for playing along with The Play Date Cafe!

Kate Vickers said...

Awesome tags! I love the first one. Thanks for playing along at Artful Delight!

Sherry Eckblad said...

I am so loving your chalkboard card. Thanks for joining us this month at Artful Delight.

artfuldelight said...

Awesome tags!! Thank you for playing along with Artful Delight this month!! :-)

Kelly Griglione said...

So I'm playing catch-up on blog posts and I stumble across this beauty! What a great tag, Maria! Love how you combined not only the chalkboard trend, but some word art too. And bling. I'd love to play around with this some more too! How fun.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...