Wednesday, December 12, 2012

trapped sequins (IamDoe, Basic Grey, Ribbon Girl, TPE )

It started with a sketch.  This one from Basic Grey.


Add sequin inspiration from this December Daily binder over at I am Doe.  And the cue word from CASology, sparkle (yeah, I know, the challenge is over - story of my life).  Let it mull around in my mind for...well, too long... and this is what I get.


Was kinda stumped by the, count 'em, 12 items on the sketch.  Loved the idea of sequins trapped in the plastic binder page so decided to trap them on my card front in 12 squares.  Tricky part was finding a "sentiment" to fit the 12 squares.  As you can see, I didn't.  But I went with C-h-r-i-s-t-m-a-s cuz I think our brains "get" that word at a glance.

Thought I would use tissue paper but it was too opaque to see the sparkle of the sequins.  Used a separator page from a photo-album-turned-art-journal and pretty much got the result I wanted.  Glued the die cut letters and a couple sequins before stitching.  Left a few sequins free to float around.

Could be tweaked, but I'm likin' the result.

Hooking up to these challenges:
The Ribbon Girl - December "Ho Ho Ho"
The Pink Elephant - #178 Photo Inspiration



Happy Day ya'll.



Supplies for merry christmas:
Paper: CS American Crafts, Neenah
Stamps:  sentiment WMS
Ink : Jenny Bowlin
Tools: sewing machine, die Memory Box (alpha), MFT
Other: sequins

3 comments:

Geri said...

You're crazy creative, Maria! I LOVE your 'trapped sequins'!!!

Ribbon Girl said...

Hello - what a nice idea to trap the sequins - Merry Chrismas and thanks for joining in with the Ribbon Girl challenge, hugs Mary G x

Laurie said...

This is gorgeous Maria! And such a fun idea!! I love it!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...