Saturday, December 1, 2012

joining CASE study with candy canes (CASE, CTS, Dream Valley, KIS)


There has to be a first time for everything, right?  When I moved to Germany it took me nearly a year before I would try to speak German at work.  Not that my colleagues didn't encourage me.  I just wasn't willing to speak the language before about 80% of what I said was correct.  FYI, 20+ years later I'm up to about 95% and stagnating...

Well, so is my relationship with CASE Study.  I love the work of everyone over there but have not felt up to joining them.  Until this week - the last week of CASE #119 with November's muse, and I quote, "the exceptionally talented Angeline Yong."  I love this gal's work.  So I had to join in.

Here is Angeline's card.


I reverted to my CASEing-a-la-Aimes mode and this is what I got from this card - sweets, twine, dots.  I should say that is what I finally got.  The journey started with an idea of pink-snowflake-on-a-stick-with-a-twine-bow-and-embossed-dots-panel...blah, blah, blah.  Ya'll know how the creative process is some days.  Uncooperative.

But, I do like how this card turned out.  It's me.


Sweets, twine, dots.  Check.  It helped when I saw my candy cane stamp and also decided to use the CASE This Sketch again!  Heat embossed the candy cane and gave the little lollipops some Stickles to add some sweet shine.


And I was even going to use turquoise instead of green (more non-traditional), but when I went for the washi I liked the green dots better.  Does it qualify for Dream Valley's Challenge #46 "Non-Traditional Christmas," don't know but I'm hooking up anyway!  Also playing at Keep It Simple #2 - Washi.


Appreciate your visit.



Supplies for Holiday delights:
Paper: CS Neenah
Stamps:   American Crafts
Ink : Versamark, Versafine, Jenny Bowlin
Tools: corner rounder EKS
Other: embossing powder Ranger, baker's twine, washi Target (dots) and Rayher (stripes), Stickles




12 comments:

~amy~ said...

super awesome take of the sketch...love what you've done.

lostinpaper said...

WOW! You have totally rocked this one Maria!
Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS(E) this Sketch this week!

Anni said...

Beautiful christmas card and great use of the washi tape!
Und da ich gerade lese, dass du Deutsch sprichst, kann ich dir ja auch auf Deutsch schreiben, oder?
Die Karte ist auf jeden Fall klasse, farbtechnisch und wie du den Sketch genutzt hast!
Ich freue mich, dass du bei KEEPT IT SIMPLE mitgemacht hast!
Liebe Grüße, Anni

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

This is fun

Cathy Weber said...

What a cute idea! I love this sketch and how you used it with the washi tape. Great job...loved it!

Jeanne J. said...

Maria I think you did Aimes proud! Love the clean look of your card - and oooh washi!!!! love it!

Christine said...

Maria, Deine Farbkombi ist großartig und die Umsetzung des Sketches auch.
Ich mag die Art Deiner Karten ohnehin und diese gefällt mir besonders.

Danke fürs mitmachen bei keep it simple!
Christine

Debby said...

I'm so glad you joined us at CASE Study! Fab interpretation and I love those candy canes :)

Karolyn at Paper Therapy said...

Oh my goodness - this is uber adorable and amazingly fun! Thanks for playing with us at CAS(E) This Sketch - we're so glad you did!

N@ Ali said...

FANTASTIC! thank you for joining us at CTS ; )

Carolin said...

Eine sehr schöne Karte ist dir da gelungen, auch wenn der Plan mal ein anderer war - ich mag das Endergebnis.
Erstaunlicherweise passt auch das rosa super, das hätte ich nie dazu kombiniert. Danke für diese Idee - und danke für's Mitmachen bei keep it simple!,
liebe Grüße, Mia

Unknown said...

Hey! congrats on your CTS Honorable mention!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...