Thursday, December 13, 2012

a little goes a long way (10 min Craft Dash, SSS, Dream Valley)

Nothing like a little stress to help a card along.  Promised DD I would make a Christmas card for her riding instructor.  Forgot.  Today she has riding lessons.  So I peel out from the dining table, head to my craft room and make a card.  And I did it in 8 minutes and 43 seconds.  Unbelievable!

OK, so I had the idea in my head all along.


And the embossing supplies were already out thanks to yesterday's tag.  When I had seen the 10-Minute-Craft-Dash challenge to use red I knew the sentiment would be heat embossed red goodness - thus the "a little goes a long way" title of my post.  Even made the decision to round the corner at the last minute - just did it without standing there contemplating it first ;)  Would have liked to add red glitter glue to the berries but didn't have time to go hunting for it and DD wouldn't have waited for it to dry.  She nearly killed me when I said I wanted to take a quick photo before she could leave... the joys of having a Mom with a blog, eh?

Also joining:
Simon Says Stamp - What's your Favorite?  (I love that Hero Arts branch stamp)
Dream Valley #47 - Christmas
Cupcake Craft Challenge #222 - Merry Christmas (that was my room number freshman year in college!)


Go make a card in 10 minutes or less.  You'll be pretty proud of yourself!  I have to go clean up my kitchen.



Supplies for Merry Christmas:
Paper: PTI
Stamps: branch Hero Arts, berries WMS, horse Artemio, sentiment 7 Gypsies
Ink : Versamagic, Versamark
Tools: corner rounder EKS
Other: embossing powder 



12 comments:

Sharli Schaitberger said...

WOWIE, this is a beautiful card! I think I will make something in a hurry! Just to see what happens! LOL But the horses seem to be running off the page, the branch, like someone who is watching the race, is near a tree . . . it's just wonderful!

Thanks for the inspiration!

Wida said...

I like the rustic fresh vibe of this card. Great job, my cards take FOREVER! I could never enter this challenge!

~Tammy~ said...

Wow what a pretty card for the holidays! Your daughter's riding instructor will love this!

Jackie Rockwell said...

What a great one layer card! Love the movement of the horses!!!

Geri said...

Meant to comment on this earlier! I had to chuckle at how perfect it is for it's recipient! Love that it is on white for that wintry feel, the double stamping with the horses for dimension and depth, and that sweet spray of evergreen in the corner! Such a nice card!!!

Paulina said...

What a pretty one layer card! The colors and the movement of the horses and all of the elements are just fantastic!

So thrilled you joined me in the 10 Minute Craft Dash this week. I hope you'll join me again next week for the new one!

Unknown said...

This is such an adorable and beautiful christmas card! Love the details! Thanks for joining my challenge over at Cupcake Craft Challenge this week! Good luck! Hugs and sunshine!

Marlena M. said...

Awesome movement here Maria~wonderful job!

Joy said...

This card is stunning, love that you used the branch stamp from HA.. thanks for joining us at Simon Says Challenge blog

Susie said...

Wow, such a gorgeous card, very apt for the person and soooo quick! Thanks for joining our Christmas theme at Dream Valley. Susie x

Jingle said...

This is so pretty! I love how you added the branches! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

melsanford said...

Gorgeous festive creation! Thank you for joining us at Dream Valley :-) Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...