Monday, July 3, 2017

it's red, white and blue for the inspiration

Popping in to share the results of my latest crafting session. Thanks to two guys who share a birthday on July 3rd and my lightbulb moment to use red and blue to spice up the design in a nod to America's birthday these two cards were born.


Both were going to be the same design, but then I decided to skip the stamping on the bottom for the second one (on the right). But to give it a bit more balance I stamped the mailbox image in the lower right corner.

I chose to use STAMPlorations Country Rustic for some good, down home Americana images. I had thought I would give the images touches of red and blue watercolor originally, but then decided to pull out some stars from Winnie and Walter Big Bang Confetti and added red and blue that way.

Cuz I liked the idea so much and there are two casual weddings happening this week in Michigan I decided to carry my design idea over to two wedding cards too!


Liking the plentiful white space, I used STAMPlorations Newlyweds and Newyweds extras from The Bee's Knees line along with a sentiment from The Birds and the Blooms. After deciding that I might have been heavy handed with the stars on the first one, I went a little lighter on the second.


Do you have a favorite? What do you think about the flat photography trend - I've decided to give it a try. Saves me having to plop myself down on the floor in between the dining room table and the floor length window to shoot my cards on the dining room chair every time. I'm getting too old for that ;)

I'm playing in a couple places with my patriotic cards:
Penny Black and More - For the Boys
Cards in Envy - Red, White and Blue
#ppmoodboard - July 4th
Curtain Call - Red, White and Blue

10 comments:

Anita in France said...

Cool and fun, Maria ... the outline images keep the design deliciously light and airy! My favourite ... the second wedding one ... it's even lighter and airy-er than all the others! Flat photography ... looks splendid ... your cards always do! Hugs, Anita :)

Shery Russ said...

Very patriotic cards, Maria! Love how your brain works.

Kim Heggins said...

Wow...what a wonderful collection of amazing cards Maria! Love all those wonderful stamps.

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Your cards are very creative - I like the extra white space! I'm fine with the cards photographed "flat" - I can't do anything else while I'm "up North" and I agree that being on the floor isn't as easy as it used to be! *shock*

Leigh Penner said...

These are both wonderful!

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

This is a great design and your sketchy stamps work absolutely perfectly! I love them both. I like any trend that makes photographing cards easier. I am not a fan of having to spend tons of time doing that after making the card. Lol..

brenda said...

Great stamping and designs, many thanks for joining us at Penny Black and More challenge.

B x

Linby said...

Loving these designs - so cool. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Penny Black & More.
Lynn x
DT

Sherri Thacker said...

You did such a great job on all of your cards. All so simple, yet lovely!!

LisaM said...

Awesome red, white and blue cards! Thanks for joining us at Cards In Envy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...