Sunday, July 30, 2017

zappy birthday

A day late and a dollar short... I made a card for a couple challenges and totally forgot to post it. I think it was Make it Monday and another challenge using primary colors. And I needed a birthday card for a little guy.

So I made this.


I think Papertrey's Zappy Birthday lends itself well for a little guy. Did some stamping. Did some die cutting using PP. Added a big ol' number.

Then I needed another card for a not-so-little guy. So I upped the design a notch.


Decided I liked the die cut words better in some in-your-face red. But since I'd heat embossed the sentiment in black (oh yeah, now I remember. I wanted to play in a MIM about drop shadows) I decided to bring black back in in the form of the lightning bolts!


I'm taking these over to:
Creative with Stamps - Celebrate

Seize the Birthday - no splatter topping for me


Simon Says Stamp - Anything Goes

5 comments:

SD pooja said...

Cool cards !

Anita in France said...

Cool and funky, Maria ... what impact! Hugs, Anita :)

Lilian said...

These are so cool! Love the graphic design!
Thank you for joining us at Creative With Stamps!
Lilian
The Leaf Studio

Mandy said...

Fabulous cards Maria! They are so cool & striking.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Mandy xx

stampwithsandy said...

Maria, I have a hard time with boy cards, but yours is fabulous! I love the lightning bolts and fun sentiments, perfect for a little super hero! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Seize the Birthday!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...