Monday, July 10, 2017

the heart desires beachy challenge - take two


Ahhh summer! And how about that touch of Wilted Violet ;)

I had to play along with The Heart Desires challenge #14, not only cuz I missed last month's but cuz it's the store's first anniversary so all the more reason to join the fun. Aren't their challenge mood boards gorgeous?

Well my first inclination was to pull out some digi papers and layer away. You can see my cards made with the papers in yesterday's post.

I had also watercolored some seashells with my Gansai Tambi but they didn't "work" with my digi paper cards, so I turned them into two additional cards. 


Stenciled some Distress Inks through ARTplorations Bubbles stencil then heat embossed Say it Big - Dream the Impossible.

The second seashell I'd given some touches of  ochre and violet, so I decided to let it shine all by itself on a card.


Stamped the image and sentiment from Beach Therapy, added some grungy dots in a nod to a sandy beach and then adhered the watercolored and fussy cut seashell.

Clean and simple. But kinda dreamy beachy, eh?

I'm playing at:
Cards und More Shop - Anything Goes Summer
Craft Stamper - Take it Make it July
Addicted to CAS - Summer


10 comments:

Sue said...

Stunning cards, Maria. I love your use of colour and the sea shell stamp is lovely.

SD pooja said...

Wow..cool cards !

Susan said...

Terrific way to combine challenges. Thanks for sharing at ATCAS!

Barb Ghig said...

Two gorgeous beachy cards, Maria! I love how you incorporated the nautical elements and how you played with the color palette on the mood board...so creative and fun! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at Addicted to CAS!

Kim Heggins said...

Two beautiful cards...love your wonderful beach look.

SugarGem said...

I totally love your rainbow shell. That is fabulous with the black and white. Thank you for joining us at The Heart Desires Challenge

Anita in France said...

Bold and beachy and fabulous, Maria ... how much fun would it be to find these awesome shells on the beach! Hugs, Anita :)

~amy~ said...

These are both wonderful Maria!
Thanks for joining us at The Heart Desires!

Katie Ann Brooks said...

And another couple that used the colors and the mood board perfectly! You are rocking THD girl!

Ophthalmologist said...

This is pure summer feeling, I love the colors and the simple nautical elements! Great cards for the Cards und More challenge!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...