Sunday, July 23, 2017

anniversary a la ... wine

Had a request for an anniversary card. So I made one , a couple, many. And you get to see them all. Tomorrow's is the last :)

Meet my card. My girlfriend who requested the anniversary cards actually suggested a card with "wine" as a theme. But she didn't end up taking this one :(

That's OK. I'm not sure why, but I'm not so keen on it either.


I heat embossed Stampendous Wine Labels gold and then watercolored about three layers over it with Gansai Tambi blues and a touch of purple. Not really happy with the watercoloring. Hm. I was envisioning elegant, regal blue, paired with lovely gold embossing. I got this :) Your thoughts?

Cut my panel with CUTplorations Crazy Double Running Stitch Rectangles.  Added a Hero Arts Best Wishes sentiment on vellum.

I'm joining the fun at:
Happy Little Stampers - July Watercolor with plenty of the optional twist of blue this time
Addicted to Stamps and More - Anything Goes

4 comments:

Valentyna Komisarenko said...

Such fantastic color combo and awesome embossing. Thank you for sharing your card with ATSM!

Anita in France said...

It is rich and regal, Maria ... the gold is delicious with the watercolour blues! Hugs, Anita :)

Shelly said...

I think your watercoloring is fabulous! I'm loving the colors! Awesome card, Maria!

Kylie said...

I think it looks great! The embossing is so rich and the watercolours are awesome! Thanks so much for playing along at Happy Little Stampers xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...