Tuesday, July 18, 2017

STAMPlorations inspiration #144

Welcome to  our regulary scheduled Tuesday inspiration from the STAMPlorations inspiration team. Today we're showcasing Deepti's Artsy Impression stamps.

I'm on my mission to use patterned paper in my inspiration post cards this month so I've turned to a good, old technique to help me use up some patterned paper from my stash. Fussy cutting. First I stamped on patterned paper, like I did here and here.



Knowing I was going to turn this into a sympathy card with the sentiment about "memories" (BTW, that tiny "Thinking of You" sentiment in the set is gorgeous and perfect for when you need a small one - I put it on the inside of my card), I decided to subdue the fussy cut images behind a piece of vellum. To add interest I heat embossed the sentiment and the ripples (another cool image) onto it.

From now until July 24th all of Dee's designs are 10% off in the STAMPlorations store! Use the code STAMPGIRLMARIA for an extra 20% off too!

And don't forget to leave comments on the July inspiration posts. One random commenter will be chosen each month to win a $10 GC to the store. Here's the lineup.

I'm linking up at:
The Flower challenge - Embossing



5 comments:

Ruth said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I do love a bit of fussy cutting of patterned paper and the vellum overlay is such a lovely touch. Thank you for playing along at the Flower Challenge this month! Ruth DT xx

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

You just have the coolest ideas!

shirley-bee said...

Great way to give a subdued look to a card (and to use up pp!)

Mary Holshouser said...

Love how you embossed the ripples
on the vellum. Gives it depth.
Beautiful card.
Would be an excellent sympathy
card. Thanks for sharing.

Shona Chambers said...

The vellum is such a cool idea, don't think I've ever tried this. Your always inspiring me!! This is one stamp set I've always wanted and such a cool way to use it with the patterned paper (which I have heaps of too.....). An amazing card and I'm so happy to see you at The Flower Challenge!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...