Monday, May 27, 2013

happy birthday dd (Moxie Fab)

Another yippie here - in my cutting up craze I stumbled upon a PP that was just screaming to adorn DD's birthday card.  There's rumor a four-legged fur ball may be joining our family post-summer vacation.  At least that's what we've been telling her since post-summer vacation last year. We would love to have a dog (we are a Golden Retriever kinda family), but because we travel to my folks' every summer we've always nixed the idea.  The two rabbits were a compromise - can be carted to MIL's while we're gone.  And although they are work and she's a sweetie for taking care of them, a dog would be a bit much.  And a kennel for a month every year doesn't seem fair to the doggie.  And I know I wouldn't want to travel sedated in the belly of the plane with the suitcases.

But then DD discovered that certain dogs are small enough to take in the cabin on the airplane. She's really been looking into this and we've nixed the Chihuahua and are now at Havanese.  If any of you lovelies out there have one, or more specifically have one that travels, I'd love to hear your stories...

Anyhoo, this was supposed to be about PP.  And a card.  Here she is.


The whole front panel is from one piece of Webster's Pages PP.  I simply added the "laser cut" mint flowers and a gold embossed sentiment.  Hope she likes it.  Can't believe my little girl is going to be 15!

Now there's no feather or weather here, but I love the image for this week's Tuesday Trigger and I think it might subconsciously have made me more alert when I stumbled upon this doggie.  There is a very similar feel, agree?

Image Credit
Wishing you a wonderful week.



Supplies happy birthday:
Paper: CS Bringmann, PP Webster's Pages, laser paper KI Memories
Stamps: American Crafts
Ink: Versamark
Tools:
Other: gold embossing powder



5 comments:

Petti said...

Beautiful card!

Tenia Nelson said...

Very RAD!!

Happy Dance said...

This is so cool! Just what teenagers go for! I'm sure your dd will love this. Great colors, and I love the dp envelope--very clever. Bev

Helen F. said...

Super cool card for a teen, Maria! I am thinking you captured the TT really well with this beauty :)

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Maria! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...