Friday, May 17, 2013

yippie... (CASE, Inspired By)

...I've used up some letter stickers!  That's certainly not what you were expecting, eh?  But after thinking of "the best laid plans..." and "neglected children " as post titles, it occurred to me that something positive occured here.

Backtrack.  DS takes a final exam in German today.  Four hours long.  DD has a Math test and let's just say she and Math don't get along well.  And there's this saying in German that loosely translates to "the shoemaker's kids have the worst shoes in town".  I'm whipping out cards all the time, but rarely for my own kids.  That's about to change.

Since I had two cards to cover and Alicia T.'s bitty bag had been playing in the back of my mind, this is what I did.



Printed the "yes you can" (nod to a certain presidential campaign) then placed the "you" stickers on one card and misted with blue Dylusions and the "can do it" stickers on the other card and sprayed with pink Dylusions.  Took the letters off the cards and adhered them to the "other" card - get it?

TIP:  If you want the letters to look clean after they've been misted... they probably won't.   Maybe they would if you wiped them quickly with a baby wipe.  But I didn't.  So I now have some yellow-misted-pink  stickers back in my stash replacing the clean ones I had to pull out to use on the blue card!


I'm hooking up at CASE Study - #141.  I had Maile's hearts in mind when choosing the colors to use for the two cards and I just love the words-on-top-of-gobs-of-color idea.


And I saw this cool photo at Inspired By #45 and that stark "E" at the top inspired me to use strong black letters in the pink mist with the design flowing from upper left to lower right.  Cool photo Laurel.

Thanks for visiting today.  May the sun be with you this weekend, wherever you are.



Supplies you can do it:
Paper: CS Bringmann, copy paper
Stamps: none!
Ink: Dylusions
Tools: 
Other: letter stickers Pebbles and KI Memories

10 comments:

Laurel said...

Great cards! I love the misting and large text! Thanks for playing at Inspired By.

Happy Dance said...

Loving these! Might have to borrow your idea.... I'm sure your kids will certainly appreciate these. I know I would have. Love how you've emphasized the "you" on each card. Wonderful. Bev

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Love those cards - I am sure your kids will love them too - I wish them well with their tests! Have a great weekend, Maria!

shirley-bee said...

Very clever! I like the grungy effect.

Unknown said...

what a great idea and you get a two for one. Love

Sian Ridley said...

These are stunning cards! I love the misted look and the negatives of the words - fab :) I hope your children appreciated them :)

Debby said...

Very on trend take on Maile's card! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study this week :)

Marlena M. said...

This caught my eye in the Inspired By Gallery~LOVE the misting and use of stickers Maria!

Jean Martin said...

Oh my goodness! These are awesome! I love your take on the CASE! Genius!!! Thanks for playing with us at CASE Study Challenge! :)

Becky said...

So sweet. Love the cards! Hope the tests went well!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...